You’re not going to guess what we’ve got planned! We’re doing a family Mulan movie night and making this Mulan paper doll kid’s craft to get ready!
Mulan Paper Doll
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making a whole afternoon of build-up for a movie night and with Mulan being out, we’re planning a family Mulan movie night, of course. That means making Mulan cupcakes and a fun kid’s paper craft!
She’s gentle, sweet and brings honor to her family–but she’ll also do her darndest to protect her family and bring honor to them in her own way. What a great role model for kids! If you’re ready to make a fun Mulan paper doll for your own Mulan movie night, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Mulan Movie Night Craft
- I have a thing for making templates for my kiddo to work from. It’s part of the learning process to see how each piece is made and how they come together to make the whole. So, of course, for this Mulan paper doll, I made a free template you can grab here.
- When I make paper dolls and paper roll craft, I love to use construction paper. It’s thin, but tough and I can buy a huge pack to keep the kid occupied with a million different fun colors. So, dig in the craft room for that construction paper!
- If you want to make a little Mushu to go with your Mulan paper doll, just grab a little bit of red paper and cut out an “s” shape. Trust me, super easy–just add eyes and the kid will be astounded!
How Do I Make this Mulan Paper Doll?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
- Marker pen
- Select a colored craft paper for the skin tone. Also select green, yellow, blue, red, black and pink colored craft papers for the Mulan paper doll craft. Trace the body and hand patterns on the paper selected for the skin. Trace the other patterns on the appropriate colored craft papers (see Mulan’s dress for idea).
- Grab the yellow rectangle paper and create small and even accordion folds on it. This will be the skirt of Mulan paper doll.
- Grab the green (long sleeves) top and attach the 2 small strips along the top neck border of it. Grab the blue top and attach the red strip along the middle part of it.
- Now attach the blue top on the top of the green top.
- Cut a slit along the yellow line of the hair pattern.
- Insert the top side of the head through the slit from the bottom side of the hair pattern. Apply glue to fix the position of the head and hair.
- Attach the green-blue top on the top side of the paper body.
- Attach the accordion folded skirt right below the top. Hold the top end of the accordion folded paper to bring its width same as the width of the body and then attach it. Use a black pen to draw the eyes, nose and mouth of Mulan.
For more fun Disney princess crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Kids Paper Crafts You Might Like
- Princess Ariel Paper Roll Craft – Get ready for your entire living room to be converted a the kingdom under the sea with this cute kids craft!
- Princess Belle Kids Craft – Making a fun Princess Belle is a quick and fun way for a kiddo to get in touch with their favorite bookworm princess.
- Paper Roll Han Solo – He’s the best space rogue you’ll ever get to know–and he totally shot first!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest.