These Princess Tiana bath bombs are an amazing gift for any The Princess and the Frog fan. Let’s get started on this Disney Princess bath fizzy for kids.
Tiana Bath Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am on a roll with making these Disney Princess bath bombs for my daughter. When I was coming up with some fun Disney bath bombs for the kids, there was no way I was leaving out the most determined, strong princess in the Disney-verse.
Tiana bath bombs were definitely on my list to make, although kissing frogs may never be. :) Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Waiting to make these for a countdown to Disney? Pin this to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this, the best of all The Princess and the Frog Crafts
- Do not use food coloring for your Tiana bath bombs. It will make your bath bombs bright but it could stain your tub.
- You can mold this recipe in any flat-backed design so they will be safe for use as shower fizzies, too.
- To keep your bath bombs at their top fizzy potential, store them in an air-tight container.
- If you can find one, hide a Tiana figuring inside the larger mold when making the bath bomb. The kids will squeal with delight at bath time!
How Do I Make these Tiana Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Disney crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our Princess Tiana bath bombs video tutorial.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dead sea salts
- 1/4 cup white kaolin clay
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon polysorbate 80
- 1 teaspoon Lily of the Valley scented oil
- 1-2 teaspoons light green, medium green and dark green mica colorant
- 1 teaspoon light green, medium green and dark green cosmetic glitter
- Stainless steel bath bomb molds
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 3 small mixing bowls
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, dead sea salts, kaolin clay and cornstarch. Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add the coconut oil. This binds all the ingredients together, so you bath bombs don’t crumble when you touch them!
- Add the polysorbate 80. This helps the coconut oil disperse more evenly in your bath water, makes the bath bombs bubbly and prevents the mica from sticking to the side of the tub.
- Add the scented oil. Mix well. You may need to use your hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is mixed in. The mixture is perfect when it holds together when you press it into your hands and feels like wet sand. Separate the mixture evenly into the 3-small bowls
- Add light green, medium green and dark green mica colorant. Mix well. Continue to add color until you achieve the color(s) you desire.
- Add light green, medium green and dark green cosmetic glitter. Mix well.
- Fill one side of the mold about 1/2 of the medium green mixture, then add about 1/4 with the dark green with the dark green and the light green to the top. Fill the other side with the light green mixture. Make sure you have added enough mixture that the bath bomb mixture is overflowing. Press molds together and grind to remove excess mixture.
- Gently tap each side of the mold to release the bombs. Allow to dry a minimum of 24 hours. If your climate is wet or cold, allow an additional 24 hours. My rule of thumb is that when it is hard to the touch, they are ready for the tub! Store in an airtight container until ready for use.
For more fun Disney bath bombs, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
More Disney Bath Bombs You Might Like
- Ultimate List of Disney Princess Bath Bombs – If you love Disney bath bombs, this is the perfect set of Disney Princess bath bombs you will ever find!
- Merida Bath Bombs – Strong, opinionated and proud, she’s the princess I hope my kids grow up to be–only, without those curls, those have to be hard to comb after a bath.
- Aurora Bath Bombs – For all the girls that have fairy godmothers and a prince to dance with–before a power nap.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney bath bombs board on Pinterest.