When I needed a holiday gnome, I knew making a buffalo check gnome was in my future. And so this lumberjack Christmas gnome was the result. So easy, but the perfect holiday decor!
What You'll Find On This Page
Lumberjack Christmas Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about the awesome holiday gnome. So many fun ones I’ve made, but this lumberjack Christmas gnome has a special place in my heart. I mean, look at that face! He’s so grumpy, but so cute. But the real magic is in his interchangeable beards.
Yeah, that’s right, this buffalo check gnome can swap beards! Isn’t that insane?! I am still in awe that I came up with this idea. It’s so awesome. If you’re ready to make a fun holiday gnome with two beards, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas decor ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a buffalo check gnome
- For the supplies I use on my gnomes, see this list. I have many different options for fur, noses and hands, and staples you will need to have on hand.
- He needs a large nose, this buffalo check gnome does. I mean, normally, I don’t go for big-nosed guys, but this one, because of his design and just all that extra fluff from the hat brim, the nose has to be a little big.
- Click here for the free printable Christmas gnome pattern. You could try to make him without a pattern, but it’s so much easier with it. Trust me.
- If you feel like this little Christmas gnome is looking kind of drab on your shelf, grab the other beard and swap it out! That makes for an awesome change of looks in a few seconds!
How Do I Make this Lumberjack Christmas Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Holiday gnome tutorials You Might Like
- Christmas Gnome Ornaments – If you need nisser for your Christmas tree, these adorable Christmas gnome ornaments make for the best ideas. You’ll find so many fun ideas here.
- The Best Christmas Gnome Tutorials Ever – Over 75 tutorials and videos for making an awesome Christmas nisse (or 10) for the holidays.
- Scandinavian Christmas Gnomes – So cute, and seriously the best tomte tutorials you need to check out. We update it all the time, so be sure to bookmark it.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas decor crafts board on Pinterest.