This patriotic gnome is made in a rustic, Americana style with a fun, twisty gnome hat for added holiday pizzazz. This no-sew gnome Independence Day gnome is going to look great as part of your holiday decor.
What You'll Find On This Page
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we really dig making gnomes for basically every occasion. They’re simple, fun and ridiculously silly. Which, frankly, makes us love them even more.
This patriotic gnome is no exception. I wasn’t really sure what I was planning when I started. I had a handful of ingredients and a little bit of an idea, but the result was insanely cute and, though he’s really tiny, this July 4th gnome is so perfect. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gnome ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
Tips to Make this July 4th Gnome
- Click here to get your free printable patriotic gnome template. You don’t have to use it, but it will sure make it easier.
- If you can’t find the floral wire, you can use a wire hanger. It will not be quite as flexible as the floral wire in this patriotic gnome.
- No silver sparkly pompom? You could top your gnome’s hat with some curled silver ribbon or another star.
- Make the mustache bushier by widening the rectangle you cut. Make the gnome’s mustache longer by cutting the little rectangle longer.
How Do I Make this Patriotic Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, please let me know by asking in the comments section or popping over to Ruffles and Rain Boots on Facebook.
Easy DIY Gnome Ideas You Might Like
- All the BEST Gnome Tutorials – Every gnome tutorial you will ever need is here and waiting for you to get crafting!
- Gnome Teacup Garden – PERFECT for building a little gnome house for your gnome with your gnomes–er, kids.
- Viking Gnome – The horns, friends. Check out the horns on that helmet.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY gnome ideas board on Pinterest.