If your kiddo is as bored this holiday season as mine is, making these paper straw Christmas tree ornaments are the best boredom buster!
Paper Straw Christmas Tree Ornaments
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love working on little crafts with the kiddo during holiday breaks. To be honest, pulling out the craft drawer and digging through until we find a new craft to make is one of our go-to boredom busters. So, of course we had to make ornaments this past week while school was out. And these fun paper straw Christmas tree ornaments turned out so cute, I could squee.
They make a great ornament, but you could even use these fun straw Christmas trees for Christmas present tags, little decor for a wreath or more. They’re just that easy to make and cute to boot. If you’re ready to make a fun Christmas kids craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Christmas Kids Craft
- It’s fine to use craft glue, but if your kiddo is on the younger side (like mine), but they really really want to use a hot glue gun like mommy (like mine), you should check out this awesome kid-friendly ultra-low temp hot glue gun for kids here. I got one and the kiddo loves using it.
- Let your kiddo grab some paper straws in their favorite holiday colors. My kiddo picked out these pretty gold and red paper straws here, but if your kiddo is all about greens, let them do this fun paper straw Christmas tree ornaments in shades of green. It’s their tree, after-all.
- My kiddo had a great idea for a tree topper – self adhesive snowflakes like these. We never have enough uses for those things and they’re always in the craft drawer, so the idea that we might use them up making ornaments was awesome. Ha!
How Do I Make this Paper Straw Christmas Tree Ornaments?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Kids Crafts for Christmas You Might Like
- Quilled Christmas Lights – This is one of those crafts that I wish I’d done as a kid. So fun, so easy and this definitely makes a statement on a holiday greeting card!
- Santa Hat Ornament – Making ornaments together is kind of a tradition for the kiddo and me. This is one of our favorites we put on the tree year after year.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornament – Last year, the kiddo wanted to make something silly and fun for the tree, so we made these hilarious ugly sweater ornaments that are just too giggle-worthy.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kids Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.