This adorable Santa hat craft stick ornament is a Christmas craft for kids they’ll love to make! It uses only a few craft supplies, so let’s get started.
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Santa Hat Craft Stick Ornament – An Easy Christmas Craft
Here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love easy crafts. Whether setting them up for kids or ourselves, easy + craft + holiday is usually a winning combination.
This year, we’ve created these adorable Santa hat craft stick ornaments the kids can make themselves. If you’re setting up a holiday party and need a quick, low-mess craft idea, this Christmas ornament for kids is just the thing!
Supplies to Make a Santa Hat Christmas Ornament
You’ll be happy to note that you likely have everything on hand for this quick Christmas craft. If not, I recommend Amazon (Amazon Prime and I are in a committed relationship).
Psst: speaking of Amazon, if you haven’t tried the Kindle FreeTime Unlimited free trial, I recommend it for the first grader and up in your life. We tried the free trial and got it because my daughter absolutely loves the books she gets to read. We let her play some of the educational and game apps, too.
- red craft sticks (or natural and red paint)
- red construction paper
- cotton balls or white pompoms
- craft glue and scissors
- twine or ribbon for hanging
How to Make These Cute Santa Hat Ornaments
This is a quick craft for kids and even the youngest ones can join in. If you do have little ones, you can precut the triangles for them. And if you have a Christmas craft for kids playlist going on YouTube, you can find our Santa hat craft stick ornament video tutorial here.
- Create a triangle with three craft sticks and glue together each end.
- Trace the constructed hat shape onto a piece of red construction paper and cut out along the lines.
- Glue the triangle paper onto the back of the craft stick triangle.
- Next, glue cotton balls or pompoms along the bottom of the hat.
- Cut a length of twine or ribbon and glue onto the back for hanging.
Other Christmas Crafts You Might Like
While the kids work on their Santa hat craft stick ornaments, check out these other Christmas crafts:
- Snowman Treat Jars – an adorable kid’s craft and gift idea
- The Grinch Ornament – kids LOVE this fun Grinch in a chimney craft
- Snowman Ornament – easy, inexpensive, and fun for kids or adults
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library (full of free practice sheets and instructions) and the Exclusive Library (full of free cut files for cutting machines, tips on our favorite craft mediums, and all things crafty and fun)!
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share on Facebook
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.