This is the cutest ugly Christmas sweater ornament, perfect fun for you and the kiddo to make this holiday season together or for an Ugly Christmas sweater party.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making Christmas crafts. They’re just so fun and they make so many happy memories. I particularly enjoy making DIY Christmas ornament crafts with the kiddo so that we can hang their crafts on the tree as part of our handmade ornaments. And the fact that this tacky Christmas sweater is actually super cute I’m definitely proud to call this one of my favorite Christmas tree ornaments for our holiday decor.
Better yet, if you have a homemade Christmas gift tradition, you can make one of these with the kiddo to give to everyone. Seriously, this is a fun Christmas tree craft! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite kid crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Ugly Christmas Sweater kids craft
- If you’re making this fun Christmas kid craft with your kiddos, you can put them even MORE in the driver’s seat by getting them this (super cheap) ultra low-temp hot glue gun, so they can really do this craft.
- Here are some ridiculously fun things I found to tack onto our ugly Christmas sweater ornaments:
- Candy Cane
- Christmas Tree
- Pom Poms
- Googly Eyes
- Tinsel Ribbon
- Christmas Lights
How Do I Make this Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Thicker Felt
- Tiny White Tinsel-Looking Ribbon
- White embroidery thread
- Christmas buttons
- Large needle
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Draw the general shape of a sweater with a black colored pencil.
- Cut out the sweater shape.
- Sew a basic blanket stitch or whipstitch all around the edge of the sweater, cut and tie off.
- Glue on the tinsel and buttons as desired, being careful not to burn yourself--use tweezers to hold small things, if necessary.
- Cut off a 5” piece of embroidery floss, tie the ends into a knot and glue to the back of the sweater.
For more fun Christmas crafts for kids, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Kid’s Crafts You Might Like
- Santa Hat Christmas Ornament – I love how easy this simple kid-made ornament is. It’s a holiday tradition in our house to dig around in the Christmas tree box and find the oldest kid-made ornament and this is it!
- Polka Dot Ornaments – If you need an easy ornament idea to make with the kids, you will not find anything simpler. Just a glass ball and some dots! So fun!
- Paper Bowl or Paper Plate Gnome Craft – Kids LOVE making this gnome craft. We’ve made so many at playdates and they wear them as masks. It’s so fun!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.