I was looking for a fun way to build a snowman for a little Frozen party. These amazing Olaf cupcakes were the result–and they’re awesome!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a “thing” about turning playdates into parties. You know, invite a couple more friends over and then give it a little theme–the kids think it’s a party and the other moms and I? Just having fun.
And, these aren’t just for girls. If you’re looking for Frozen ideas for boys, you don’t have to look any further than these cupcakes. Seriously, they’ll love them. If you’re ready to get your Olaf cupcakes on, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Frozen party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Frozen Party Food Ideas
- I always start with my favorite Lazy Girl cupcakes. They’re no-fail and you can even bake them a few days beforehand and store them in the freezer. Easy freezer cupcakes? Yeah, that’s what they are.
- Let your cupcakes cool completely before you frost the cupcakes. Nothing is less fun than putting pretty blue frosting on a cupcake that then promptly melts.
- If you can’t find blue food coloring that’s this light pale blue, you’re not alone. You just have to use very very little blue food coloring with a lot of icing. Something I want to try, but haven’t, is putting a little bit of the food coloring directly into the piping bag, then putting in the frosting. That will make a pretty swirled frosting look.
- I made the Olaf snowmen decorations with marshmallow fondant, using this super easy recipe here. But you could just as easily make these with white chocolate modeling chocolate.
Frozen Party Ideas
- Need a fun favor? Check out these ridiculously hilarious Olaf noses I found here! Just imagine all the kids at your Frozen party running around with those on! LOL!
- How can we not talk about how pretty these Frozen paper lanterns are?! What a cute party favor or party decoration.
How to Make Frozen Cupcakes with Olaf - Recipe and Tutorial
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Ideas You Might Like if You Wanna Build a Snowman
- Princess Elsa Dress-up Apron - I loved making this fun dress-up apron for my daughter--and she loves wearing it, even today!
- Queen Elsa Bath Bombs - If you're having a full-on Frozen party, you definitely need these for party favors (all the best birthday parties come with ideas to get the kiddos clean afterward).
- Frozen Mouse Ears Kids Can Make - For a party activity, you can make these cute ears and then set up a photo booth! The kids will love doing that.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Frozen themed party ideas board on Pinterest.