This no-sew Santa gnome is perfect for a Christmas decor addition on a tray, in a bookcase, or on a mantle. Learn how to make this cutie with just a hot glue gun, some fleece, and a few basic crafting supplies.
Easy Santa Gnome for the Holidays
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I adore crafting for the holidays. Today, I made a reader-suggestion for an “easy as sin Santa hat gnome.” After I was done chuckling at that description, I knew we could come up with something.
This holiday gnome only takes about 35-40 minutes to make and uses a hot glue gun – you can’t get much easier than that! If you’d like to make this fun Christmas gnome, keep reading.
Please Save or Share This
If you have to gather materials, please save this to a crafting pin board or share it to your favorite Facebook group so you’ll know where to find it.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links in this article.
Tips for Making These No Sew Christmas Gnome with Arms
- Get the Scandinavian Sweeties pattern here. NOTE: it is a sewing pattern, but because I have now tested it fully as a no-sew gnome pattern, this is the one you want.
- Use fleece for the body and hat if you are new to making gnomes. It is a very, very forgiving fabric and is thick enough to cover any bumps from the weight or fill.
- If you have it (or can find it), I recommend a black velvet ribbon for the Santa belt. I used a crushed velvet only because I had it on hand.
- Faux fur can elevate the look of your Christmas gnomes and you can learn to cut faux fur the right way by watching this quick tutorial.
How Do I Make This No-Sew Santa Gnome?
Below is the written tutorial for this cute little holiday gnome. If you are a visual learner, you can see the full, step-by-step No Sew Santa gnome tutorial here on the YouTube channel.
More Christmas Gnomes with Arms You Might Like
- Standing Santa Gnome – If you want to WOW everyone, make this no sew Santa gnome (using a Styrofoam cone).
- No-Sew Holiday Gnomes – Oh, these little guys are the cutest Scandinavian gnomes, aren’t they?!
- Christmas Gnome with Posable Arms – This guy is big, can hold anything you’d like, and is such a showstopper.
Please Share or Save This Free Tutorial
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to your favorite crafting group on Facebook or save it to a Christmas pin board.