This no-sew Santa gnome is perfect for a Christmas decor addition on a tray, in a bookcase, or on a mantle. Learn how to make this cutie with just a hot glue gun, some fleece, and a few basic crafting supplies.
What You'll Find On This Page
Easy Santa Gnome for the Holidays
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I adore crafting for the holidays. Today, I made a reader-suggestion for an “easy as sin Santa hat gnome.” After I was done chuckling at that description, I knew we could come up with something.
This holiday gnome only takes about 35-40 minutes to make and uses a hot glue gun – you can’t get much easier than that! If you’d like to make this fun Christmas gnome, keep reading.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
Please Save or Share This
If you have to gather materials, please save this to a crafting pin board or share it to your favorite Facebook group so you’ll know where to find it.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links in this article.
Tips for Making These No Sew Christmas Gnome with Arms
- Get the Scandinavian Sweeties pattern here. NOTE: it is a sewing pattern, but because I have now tested it fully as a no-sew gnome pattern, this is the one you want.
- Use fleece for the body and hat if you are new to making gnomes. It is a very, very forgiving fabric and is thick enough to cover any bumps from the weight or fill.
- If you have it (or can find it), I recommend a black velvet ribbon for the Santa belt. I used a crushed velvet only because I had it on hand.
- Faux fur can elevate the look of your Christmas gnomes and you can learn to cut faux fur the right way by watching this quick tutorial.
How Do I Make This No-Sew Santa Gnome?
Below is the written tutorial for this cute little holiday gnome. If you are a visual learner, you can see the full, step-by-step No Sew Santa gnome tutorial here on the YouTube channel.
More Christmas Gnomes with Arms You Might Like
- Standing Santa Gnome – If you want to WOW everyone, make this no sew Santa gnome (using a Styrofoam cone).
- No-Sew Holiday Gnomes – Oh, these little guys are the cutest Scandinavian gnomes, aren’t they?!
- Christmas Gnome with Posable Arms – This guy is big, can hold anything you’d like, and is such a showstopper.
Please Share or Save This Free Tutorial
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to your favorite crafting group on Facebook or save it to a Christmas pin board.