So easy, these Mickey & Minnie frames make a great afternoon craft and a fun gift idea. The best part is that it’s a Disney craft you’ll love making!
Mickey & Minnie Frames
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore a good afternoon activity, a craft that is just so simple but you get a cute project out of it. Plus, I adore ADORE making a gift for a friend. So, when I decided to make a little gift for a friend to commemorate a trip to Disney from a couple of years ago, I knew just what I needed to do: a Mickey and Minnie photo frame set!
Quick and easy, this fun Disney craft is such a great idea even for kids. It’s simple and fun, giving you a great way to add a little Disney to your day. So, grab some paintbrushes and let’s get started making some Mickey & Minnie frames!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mickey Mouse Frames
- Start by grabbing some paintable photo frames like these. You’re going to need those for a base, unless you plan to make your own, but that’s a ton of work I am not about undertake. Trust me, start with the base wood frame premade and ready to paint.
- One thing I wish I’d done differently was paint the whole frame with a coat of gesso (or just white paint). As much as I love painting on wood, sometimes it soaks up paint like crazy – in parts. So, while that doesn’t sound terrible, what it does mean is that you have to do more coats than you would if you’d sealed it first with: gesso. So, take it from me, grab a can of gesso and do a coat of it first, then you’ll be ready to go.
- I keep yellow buttons on hand because, well, reasons. But if you don’t have any, you can grab a couple of yellow buttons here so you have a couple to put on the Mickey picture frame.
How Do I Make this Mickey & Minnie Frames?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 2 Wooden Picture Frames
- Acrylic Paint in Red, Black, and White
- 2 Yellow Buttons
- Black Craft Foam
- ½-inch Red and White Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
- 3/4-inch Round Sponge Applicator
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- 3-inch Circle Template
- Paint the top of half of each frame with black paint and allow the paint to dry completely.
- Paint the bottom half of each frame with red paint and allow the paint to dry completely.
- Use the round applicator and white paint to make polka dots on the red portion of one frame by dabbing and twisting. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Trace four 3-inch circles onto the black craft foam, then cut them out. Glue one of these circles to the back of each of the black corners of each frame.
- Tie a 12-inch length of ribbon into a bow and glue it to the center top of the frame with the white polka dots.
- Glue the two yellow buttons to the red area of the frame without the polkadots.
- Add photos to your frames and enjoy!
For more fun Disney crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
More Disney Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Disney Makeup Bags – Super easy, these makeup bags feature your favorite Disney characters and they’re totally customizable!
- Princess Tiana Cardboard Tube Doll – Easy tube roll dolls are a fun and simple afternoon craft that the kiddo loves – and I love the boredom busting aspect!
- Mickey & Minnie Bell Ornaments – I loved making these ornaments – they’re so adorable on the tree, I kind of want to keep them up all year round.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite quick craft ideas board on Pinterest.