I am making a ton of Disney cruise fish extender gifts and these fun Disney lanyards can be made three ways-making it a fun, easy craft anyone will love!
Disney Lanyards for Fish Extender Gifts
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we were coming up with a ton of different ways to make our DIY fish extender gifts and these fun Disney lanyards are one of the BEST! And because they were so tiny, such small designs, I decided to try a few different ways to find the easiest. Turns out, they all have their pros and cons.
So, while you can make personalized lanyards with Disney characters super fast with one method (printable vinyl), you don’t get the seamless look of the more time consuming option (Infusible Ink), nor do you get the durability of the other option (heat transfer vinyl). If you’re ready to jump in and decide which is best for you, let’s get started.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Fish Extender Lanyards
- First, grab some awesome lanyard blanks here. They’re super sturdy and wide enough for a good sized design. I really liked how thick they are too. But, full disclosure, there’s no little card holders that come with the lanyards, but you’re going to need them on the cruise, so you’ll have to grab some separately like these.
- There are three ways I used to make these fun Disney lanyards: Printable Vinyl (Baby Groot), Infusible Ink Pens (Baby Yoda and Stormtrooper), and Heat Transfer Vinyl (Lilo & Stitch). Making each one has it’s own tricks, so I’ve broken each one down here:
- Printable Vinyl (Baby Groot)
- Grab the Baby Groot SVG here.
- Find some printable vinyl sheets at your local craft store. You will want to find a few projects to do all on one sheet so you don’t waste your printable vinyl, but if you’re making Disney cruise fish extender gifts, you’ll want a handful of different versions, so you can do several on one sheet with no problem.
- Infusible Ink (Baby Yoda and Stormtrooper)
- Grab the Baby Yoda SVG here and the Stormtrooper SVG here.
- If you love the idea of Infusible Inks, but you’re a little concerned because you haven’t done it before, this is an INCREDIBLE beginner Infusible Ink project. All you need is the Infusible Ink pens like these and some laser copy paper–and your Cricut, of course.
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (Lilo & Stitch)
- Grab the Lilo SVG here and the Stitch SVG here.
- When you’re layering, something I have really learned through trial and error is to either layer everything together on one transfer sheet (upside down, of course, so it turns out correct when you flip it over), OR you can iron things on in layers, but you have to let your item rest between each layer, so that each applied layer can fully cool. Otherwise, you end up with puckered and ugly layers as they each overheat.
- Printable Vinyl (Baby Groot)
How Do I Make Disney Lanyards for Fish Extender Gifts?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Disney Gift Ideas You Might Like
- Mandalorian and Baby Yoda Mickey Ears – If you have a Disney fan or a Star Wars fan, it’s likely you’re going to have a gift recipient that LOVES these DIY Mandalorian Mickey ears.
- Princess Belle Paper Roll Craft – Kids love making gifts for other kids–and this Disney princess paper roll craft is perfect for getting the kids making!
- Disney Ornament SVG Collection – I’m going to be making door ornaments for fish extender gifts and this Disney ornament SVG collection is perfect for getting that collection made!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY Disney crafts board on Pinterest.