Aren’t these meringue snowmen the most adorable snack you’ve ever seen? With just a few ingredients from the fridge and pantry, you are going to wow everyone.
If you are looking for a unique dessert to bring to your kid’s Christmas party, these are perfect. This is a recipe that takes very little effort but offers a big payoff.
RELATED READING: Adorable Unicorn Meringue for a Unicorn Party
What You'll Find On This Page
Christmas Meringue Snowmen
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love getting in the kitchen and making fun food. And these snowmen meringue cookies are just that. I love how different they are from the run-of-the-mill cookies made this time of year.
If you have never made meringue, it is kind of cool! It is crazy how you can take some egg whites and sugar and make a deliciously crispy, yet chewy treat. I think the hardest part of making these meringue snowmen cookies is waiting for them to bake.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
If you need to grab your cream of tartar, sugar, and egg whites to make your meringue or you are still planning your meringue snowmen recipe, no worries. Save this fun Christmas dessert idea to your favorite pin board or share it on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: Easy Melted Snowman Cupcake Recipe
Tips for Making Your Meringue Snowmen
- Use fresh egg whites (not the kind that comes in a carton) that are at room temperature.
- It is recommended you bake your meringue at low temperatures for a longer period as it can burn easily.
- Typical baked goods cool on a wire rack, but with meringue, you don’t. In this case, after you turn off the oven, you leave the cookies until they have cooled down.
- Make sure the sugar is mixed thoroughly. If you rub a bit of meringue between your fingers and it is gritty, it needs more mixing.
Ingredients for This Easy Meringue Recipe
- Egg whites
- White granulated sugar
- Cream of tartar
- Purple gel food color
How to Make Snowman Meringue
Each step for this fun dessert idea for kids is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Just keep this page open while you are making your snowmen recipe. If you would rather have a printable recipe, scroll down and select print.
Making sure you have room temperature eggs, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar for 30 seconds.
Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
Add part of the meringue to a piping bag. Color the rest of the meringue purple and place in a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip.
Put two small circles, one for the head and one for the body on silicone baking sheets.
Pipe the purple meringue on the snowmen, making a scarf and ear muffs.
Add sprinkles and bake for 2 hours.
Notes For Making Your Snowmen:
- Store your meringue snowmen in an air-tight container. You can freeze your snowmen for up to a month.
- Don’t skip the cream of tartar. This important ingredient adds stability and volume to your meringue.
- Contrary to popular belief, you do not want to whip your egg whites in a cold bowl. Everything needs to be at room temperature.
More Fun Recipes and Crafts You May Like
- Christmas Drop Cloth Trees Craft: If you like a rustic Christmas, these fabric trees can be finished in about 30 minutes and are a perfect palette for any color scheme or theme.
- Christmas Paintbrush Gnome DIY: This adorable Christmas gnome made with a paintbrush is so easy to put together and uses some fun techniques.
- Dollar Tree Rustic Snowman Ornaments: These rustic snowman ornaments are going to be such a hit. They are so cute and super easy to make.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this Christmas snack to your favorite holiday dessert pin board or share it on Facebook.