Last year I made an adorable Grinch sock gnome, but he was missing something. He was missing a Max from the Grinch gnome – a simple dog sock gnome with a reindeer twist.
Max from the Grinch Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have the most fun making the most ridiculous things. From Nordic gnomes to zombie tomte, there are going to be a lot of silly things you see here if you stick around. One of my favorite was my Grinch sock gnome. So simple and easy to make, but really adorable. But he was, well, lonely. So I made his sidekick to go along with him!
You can make this fun Max from the Grinch gnome in suck a quick 15-minutes, it’s definitely worth making. And if you’re planning a fantastic Grinch tiered tray, this is the BEST addition. If you’re ready to make a Grinch Max gnome, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gnomes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Grinch Max Gnome
- Making this adorable Grinch Max gnome is very simple. I used some of my favorite brown faux fur with a high pile. I found it at my local craft store, along with so many other options for gnome beards!
- I made this Max gnome as a no-sew gnome by using hot glue to make all of the hems I needed, but. if you were so inclined, you could certainly use a sewing machine. I’d like to note that attaching the fur is largely dependent on hot glue. So, even if you were to want to sew the body, be ready to work with some hot glue anyway.
- If you’re not a big-time gnome maker and have never cut faux fur previously, please just put down your scissors and take a second. I made a fun video here showing you how to properly and easily cut faux fur. For a quick reminder for anyone whose done it before: just flip the fur over fuzzy-side down then cut the fabric backing only using an Exacto knife or razor blade, then gently pull the piece away.
How Do I Make this Max from the Grinch Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re more of a visual learner, you can check out my video tutorial here for how to make this fun holiday tomte!
More Easy Grinch-Inspired GNome Tutorials You Might Like
- Grinch Gnome Ornament – I love how easy this DIY Christmas ornament was to make and how adorable it turned out!
- Grinch Mason Jar – Making a mason jar Grinch was a snap and the kid had a lot of fun helping me paint.
- Fuzzy Furry Grinch Gnome – If you want a Grinch that’s more true-to-form and furry, fuzzy and green green green, check out this fun Grinch gnome you can DIY in minutes!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.