Learn how to make rope Mickey Mouse ears for a set of fun cruise-inspired Disney ears or resort stay! I’ve tested the best way to make them, so let’s get started.
How to Make Disney Cruise Rope Mickey Ears
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s no secret I like making Mickey and Minnie ears. I’ve shared how to make your own Mickey ears by sewing adorable ones like these preppy cruise mouse ears or letting a cutting machine do the work for you, as with these Lilo and Scrump Minnie ears.
But for an upcoming cruise, I wanted to make something a bit different. I wanted to have lightweight, waterproof (oh yeah) ears that could withstand the tugs of a 7-year-old. But it took me a few tries to get it right.
These open rope Mickey ears (or Minnie, whichever you prefer) are SOLID. My little one is not easy on ears and these have handled the rough pulls, tosses, and a myriad of other tests only a child’s imagination could muster. If this sounds like something you need, let’s get started.
No Time to Make These Now? Save it for Later
If you don’t have time to make these now or are just in the idea-gathering stage, save these ears to your favorite Pinterest board or to a Disney-lovers Facebook group!
Tips for Making Mickey Mouse Ears with Rope
I made a few sets of these ears and put them through the most vigorous test I could think of – I handed them to a 7-year-old who lived in the rainiest city of Seattle. Friends, these will stand the test of time.
- Make sure you’re building these ears on a flat surface which is either out of the way or can be moved out of the way. The ears will need time to dry.
- Craft stores have TONS of charms. If I had to do this project again, I would have gone for charms that were just a bit bigger (about 1.5 or 2 inches).
- This is a project that can be done in stages. Start with the ears so they can set and then move onto the ribbon bows. Those take no time at all, so you’ll be done with everything in no time.
How Do I Make Rope Mickey Mouse Ears?
I’m so glad you asked how to make these adorable rope ear Mickey ears. Scroll down for the instructions. If you’re putting together a DIY Mickey Ears playlist or a Disney vacation playlist on YouTube, here is our rope Mickey Mouse ears video tutorial.
More DIY Mickey Mouse ears (& Minnie Mouse Ears, Too)!
- Preppy Disney Cruise Ears – Oh, the cuteness cannot be contained!
- Snow White Minnie Ears Headband – These are no-sew and downright adorable.
- Dumbo Mickey Ears – Grab the kids and let them help with these fun Dumbo-themed ears.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. If you liked this tutorial, share it to Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY or Disney Pinterest board.