This easy letter to Santa ornament is so sweet and so meaningful and also is a great keepsake to snap a picture in time. One of my favorite clear Christmas ornament ideas, this is a quick holiday craft for all ages.
Using a glass or clear Christmas ornament from the Dollar Tree, you can create a set of family Christmas ornaments in no time using the free Letter to Santa printable below. It only takes 15 minutes to make this Christmas ornament idea.
Letter to Santa Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making ornaments and often begin in October for the Christmas season. A keepsake is always a good idea – so many of my readers love it when they can incorporate a time capsule into their crafting.
This week, I made this letter to Santa ornament as a clear ornament idea to use up my
enormous large substantial stash of plain ornaments. I don’t hoard them, mind you, I just forget that I purchased them on clearance at the end of the previous season…
You just need a couple of things that you probably already have and you’re ready to make your Santa letter ornaments! If you’re on-board, let’s get started.
Gathering Ideas? Save or Share This for Later
If you’re seeking clear Christmas ornament ideas but aren’t ready to begin, save this to your favorite DIY Christmas ornaments pin board or share it to Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make a Santa Letter Ornament
- To start, you will want to click here to download the little letter to Santa. You can either have the kiddo write their wish on it or you can have them write their letter and then wrap it up inside the printable. Whichever works for you.
- The best way I have found to get the faux snow (this fluffy stuff here) inside the ornament is to make a little funnel with paper to get it into the ball ornament. Using an actual funnel gets clogged up too easy in my opinion. But a paper funnel is a lot easier to deal with.
- You’ll need a fillable ornament for this Christmas craft and, if you don’t have one, get several. Once you see how easy it is to make this fast ornament, you’re going to want to make a ton more fun variations!
- Note you can glass ornaments or plastic ornaments for this easy holiday DIY and it makes for a fun family Christmas craft idea. Just print out multiple copies of the Letter to Santa to have them ready.
How to Make a Letter to Santa Ornament
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and be sure to use the comments for any questions or suggestions.
NOTE: the dollar store Christmas sections are putting these out earlier and earlier each year so if you would like to use a plastic balls fillable ornament, look there first. That said, I often find amazing deals on them at the end of the season clearance racks, too.
More Dollar Tree Christmas Ornament Ideas
- Adorable Santa & Mrs. Claus Ornaments – So cute and sweet, you’ll be treasuring these handmade ornaments for years!
- No-Sew Mitten Ornament – Definitely a fun rustic ornament for the farmhouse Christmas tree, this is a quick and easy craft you’ll love.
- Scandinavian Dala Horse Ornament – One of my favorite ornaments – I have definitely bonded with this little horse and his itty bitty bwanket! LOL!
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like thisDollar Tree ornament idea? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy filled ornament ideas board.