This easy letter to Santa ornament is so sweet and so meaningful. The kiddo can prepare a little note to the jolly old elf and save it forever!
Letter to Santa Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making ornaments – seriously, the whole year, I’m collecting ideas and waiting to make them starting in October. A super fast one I made this week was this adorable (and really easy) letter to Santa ornament.
You just need a couple of things that you probably already have and you’re ready to make your Santa letter ornaments! If you’re on-board, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY Christmas ornaments board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Santa Letter Ornament
- To start, you will want to click here to download the little letter to Santa. You can either have the kiddo write their wish on it or you can have them write their letter and then wrap it up inside the printable. Whichever works for you.
- The best way I have found to get the faux snow (this fluffy stuff here) inside the ornament is to make a little funnel with paper. Using an actual funnel gets clogged up too easy in my opinion. But a paper funnel is a lot easier to deal with.
- You’ll need a fillable ornament for this and, if you don’t have one, get several. Once you see how easy it is to make this fast ornament, you’re going to want to make a ton more fun variations!
How Do I Make this Letter to Santa Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Round ornament blank (can find at dollar tree)
- Faux snow
- Faux Christmas pine
- Red and white Christmas twine or other thin ribbon
- Santa letter and tag printable
- Hot glue gun
- Print and cut out the letter to Santa element and the tag.
- Poke a small hole in the top of the tag and add a string so you can tie it to the rolled up letter in a moment.
- Have the kiddo fill out the letter and then roll it into a a tight roll and tie it in this shape using the string with the tag on it.
- Make a funnel with paper and add faux snow into the ornament.
- Insert the small bit of greenery into the ornament followed by the rolled letter.
- Hot glue the lid in place to seal it closed and hang it on the tree!
More Easy DIY Ornaments You Might Like
- Adorable Santa & Mrs. Claus Ornaments – So cute and sweet, you’ll be treasuring these handmade ornaments for years!
- No-Sew Mitten Ornament – Definitely a fun rustic ornament for the farmhouse Christmas tree, this is a quick and easy craft you’ll love.
- Scandinavian Dala Horse Ornament – One of my favorite ornaments – I have definitely bonded with this little horse and his itty bitty bwanket! LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Christmas DIYs board on Pinterest.