Cinnamon Stick Santa Ornaments Are a Cute Primitive Christmas Craft!
I really love making primitive Christmas ornaments and this quick tutorial to make cinnamon stick Santa ornaments is a rustic and fun craft!
Cinnamon Stick Santa Ornaments
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a little bit of a primitive theme in the farmhouse decor in the house. Particularly when it comes to winter and the holidays. So, making a few primitive ornaments? Definitely something on my holiday crafting list.
RELATED READING: CHRISTMAS GNOME ORNAMENTS
I made this fun set of cinnamon stick Santa ornaments as a fun way to bring a little primitive Christmas charm to our farmhouse Christmas tree. If you’re ready to make a fun rustic ornament, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Santa Ornaments from Cinnamon Sticks
- I found it really hard to find these super-long cinnamon sticks I wanted. To save you a ton of heartache searching for them, click here to get the 12-inch long cinnamon sticks for your Santa.
- If you want your colors (the red and the face color) to be more vibrant, I would recommend adding a coat of primer (white paint) on those areas. The cinnamon really dulls down the color after it dries. I didn’t mind it, but if you’d like brighter red, white base coat.
- No eyelash yarn for the trim? No problem – you can use a white chenille wire or some faux fur. Even some polyfill stuffing would work.
How Do I Make this Cinnamon Stick Santa Ornaments?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Rustic Ornaments You Might Like
- Scandinavian Dala Horse Ornament – I love this little horse so much, I kind of want to make ten of them – and they’re so easy, I just might!
- DIY Cinnamon Spice Ornaments – A fantastic craft to make with the kids, you can enjoy these ornaments year after year.
- Rustic Mitten Ornaments – An easy no-sew project that comes together quick, this ornament is so perfect for any Christmas tree!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY Christmas ornaments board on Pinterest.