I have had the best experience making and snacking on these amazing lemon pound cake cookies. Soft, scrumptious and simple enough that my kiddo pretty much made them on her own!
Lemon Pound Cake Cookies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore baking with the kiddo. But, honestly, there’s a big difference between making cookies by myself and when I am trying to let the kiddo take the wheel. This is one of those “let the kiddo drive” kind of recipes. So simple, and so no-fail, these lemon cake mix cookies are perfect for the beginner baker.
And the kiddo was so proud when we took our first bites–and let me tell you, the cookies were insanely good. Just mouthwateringly so. They were so soft and perfectly chewy. Oh, I could go on for days.
If you’re ready to get into some super easy and amazingly yummy cookies, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Always start with your favorite lemon flavored pound cake mix. Don’t feel like you have to use the one I used. They’ll all work.
- When you smoosh your cookies, don’t smoosh them totally flat. I mean, they need to be flat, but you want them to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, so don’t push the bottom of the glass down until it touches the pan–that would be bad.
- Don’t overcook your cookies. They’ll be browned and crispy and not at all like the soft, squishy magicalness that these lemon pound cake cookies are intended to be.
How Do I Make Lemon Pound Cake Cookies?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 boxed lemon pound cake mix
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 half stick of softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pound cake box mix, egg and butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll balls of about 1” and place on the baking sheet.
- Dip a small glass into powdered sugar then press it on a dough ball to flatten.
- Make the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, milk and extracts in a small bowl.
- Drizzle onto the cookies to your heart's content.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack before enjoying!
For more awesome lemon recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Lemon Recipes You Might Like
- Lemon Glaze Cupcakes – Totally different from the cupcakes linked above, these are a riot of yummy lemon glaze and fluffy cupcake crumb.
- Pink Lemonade Fudge – You want chocolate and lemon together? Oh, do I have the combination for you!
- Strawberry Lemonade – One of my favorite drinks ever made, this is literally the most refreshing sip you’ll take this summer.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cookie recipes board on Pinterest.