I made this quick and easy joy Christmas ornament so fast on my Cricut that I was done before I even realized it!
Joy Christmas Ornament
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love having fun and easy ways to make ornament for the Christmas tree. And this fast Cricut craft is just that. Load it, cut it, weed and assemble then you’re on your way to hanging this joy Christmas ornament on the tree!
And the best par tis that this is totally customizable. You could make it in so many color ways and have a whole set in just a few mintues. If you’re ready to make a joy Christmas ornament, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Cricut Ornament
- Start by grabbing the free joy Christmas ornament here. It’s super easy to weed and so you can have this project done fast!
- Sometimes, I just don’t feel like my machine cut all the way through on the first pass. If that’s the case for you, don’t forget you can always tell it to cut again before you unload the mat and the Cricut will cut precisely in the same place, limiting any mistakes but also getting that cut nice and clean.
- I made this using vinyl and cardstock. But if you want to get fancy with it, you can make your Cricut joy ornament with a bit of chipbaord and make a 3D version that’s a little more different and unique. Plus the chipboard is going to last a little longer and hold up to wear and tear for a while.
- Don’t forget that you can use this same joy cut file to make more than just an ornament. You can also make a gift tag, wall sign or so much more!
How Do I Make this Joy Christmas Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Cricut weeding tools
- Cricut mat
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Download the cut file and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Follow the prompts to cut the ornament design from the red glitter vinyl, the joy text from the white vinyl and the ornament shape from the chipboard.
- Load the permanent vinyl into the Cricut machine and select washi tape as the material, as this will help the design cut more cleanly. Tell the cutting machine to make.
- When the cuts are completed, weed the excess vinyl from the design and discard.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape, large enough to cover the design. Using a scraper tool, press the transfer tape onto the design, then gently pull the carrier sheet off the back, leaving jus the vinyl on the transfer tape.
- Lay the vinyl design onto the front of the chipboard shape and, using the scraper tool, firmly affix the vinyl to the chipboard. Gently remove the transfer tape and discard.
- Hot glue the painted farm truck to the bottom right of the sign and glue 3-4 of the bottle brush Christmas trees to the bottom left of the sign. Then it's time to hang and enjoy!
For more fun Christmas Cricut crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Cricut Christmas Ornaments You Might Like
- Hot Cocoa Felt Ornament – This is the cutest little hot cocoa mug made out of felt that’s just the perfect size for hanging on the tree.
- Arabesque Tile Grinch Ornament – For those Grinch lovers out there, this easy arabesque tile Grinch ornament is easy and fun!
- Rustic Farm Truck Holiday Sign – Not really an ornament, but made with an ornament, this fun Cricut craft is so cute, I can’t help but love it.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.