This adorable (but easy) rustic farm truck holiday sign is one of the best holiday crafts I’ve made this year with the cute truck, trees and all that!
Rustic Farm Truck Holiday Sign
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making the best holiday signs this year. With the extra time on my hands, why not make a few fun gifts for friends, decorate the house, you know, that kind of thing. I love crafting so this worked out to make this fun rustic farm truck holiday sign.
If you haven’t made a holiday sign Cricut craft yet, don’t be intimidated. This one is super simple, easy to weed and the craft itself is easy too! If you’re ready to make a fun holiday craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Holiday Sign Cricut Craft
- Click here to get the Joy to the World holiday cut file set. It’s simple, but ready-made and set to go. But if you don’t have a Cricut or Silhouette, you can still make this cute sign with the lettering by simply cutting out the letters from the printable JPG set then, using that as a stencil, paint the lettering on the sign.
- If you have some little bottle brush trees laying around, no matter their finish, they’re going to look cute on this sign. I debated between glittery ones like these and the more traditional trees. Obviously, I went with the more traditional ones like these, but I still think the glittery ones would be cute.
- That little farm truck is the cutest little element. I whipped mine up from a little cut out I found at the craft store. But if you have trouble finding one, you can grab this set of wood ornaments and use the farm truck to make the sign.
How Do I Make this Rustic Farm Truck Holiday Sign?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- (2) ⅜” x 1 ½” x 12” (Sides)
- (2) ⅜” x 1 ½” x 5 ½” (Sides)
- (1) ⅜” x 6” x 12” (Face)
- Wood Craft Knife or Utility Knife
- Paint brushes and sponge brushes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cricut or other cutting machine
- Blue or Green Grip Mat
- Weeding Tool
- Scraper Tool
- Transfer Tape
- Paint the face wood piece white and stain the side wood pieces with the stain. Allow these both to dry completely.
- Paint the truck red, the tree in the truck bed green and add little details to the front side of the truck. Allow this to dry completely.
- To assemble the wood sign, place the face piece painted-side-up on your table, then glue the side pieces to the edge of the face piece, joining the corners together, to form a frame.
- Download the cut file and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Follow the prompts to cut the design from the vinyl.
- Load the permanent vinyl into the Cricut machine and select washi tape as the material, as this will help the design cut more cleanly. Tell the cutting machine to make.
- When the cuts are completed, weed the excess vinyl from the design and discard.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape, large enough to cover the design. Using a scraper tool, press the transfer tape onto the design, then gently pull the carrier sheet off the back, leaving jus the vinyl on the transfer tape.
- Lay the vinyl design onto the front of a wood sign and, using the scraper tool, firmly affix the vinyl to the wood. Gently remove the transfer tape and discard.
- Hot glue the painted farm truck to the bottom right of the sign and glue 3-4 of the bottle brush Christmas trees to the bottom left of the sign. Then it's time to hang and enjoy!
For more fun holiday Cricut crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Holiday Cricut Crafts You Might Like
- Believe in the Magic of Christmas Wood Sign – I love this simple wood sign Cricut project. It looks so perfect hanging by my Christmas tree.
- DIY Scandinavian Christmas Trees – These easy and fun Scandinavian Christmas trees are one of the simplest Cricut crafts of the season!
- Farmhouse Garland for Christmas – A quick project, it’s perfect for a mantle or a gift for a friend. It’s simple, but very elegant.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Christmas Cricut crafts board on Pinterest.