Let the anticipation for Christmas begin by asking the kiddos to help make this Homemade Reindeer Food. This craft for kids is simple to make and so much fun too.
As the story goes, if you sprinkle this magical reindeer food on your lawn, Rudolph and his mates can easily find their way to your house.
RELATED READING: You’ve Been Elfed Free Christmas Printable
Easy Homemade Reindeer Food with Free Printable
Here are Ruffles and Rain Boots we love to share cute, fun, and holiday-related crafts and recipes. With our homemade reindeer food, you get a little bit of both. And you get a free printable to boot!
Don’t you love starting a new tradition or carrying on an old family one? Our simple recipe is so easy that the kids can make it themselves while you print out the tag for the jar.
What a sweet tradition the kids will look forward to each year and can pass on to their own kids when they have a family of their own.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share This Later
Still rummaging in the craft bin for your supplies to make your magical reindeer food? Take your time and come back when you are ready to create this cute recipe with a free printable tag. Save this to your favorite craft pin board or share it on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links may be included in this article.
Tips For Making Your Reindeer Food Craft
- Do you have pets in your home or are you putting this outside? If so, remove or replace the faux snow with edible glitter or sprinkles.
- You can use biodegradable glitter if you are trying to leave less of a carbon footprint, but extra sugar sprinkles are almost the same thing.
- Although you can use quick or rolled oats for this craft, we like the larger pieces in the rolled variety.
- If you don’t have paper handy to make your funnel, you can use a kitchen funnel with a wide mouth.
Supplies to Make Your Magical Reindeer Food
- Free printable reindeer food tag
- Small glass jar with lid
- Dried oats
- Christmas sprinkles
- Faux snow
- Ribbon or twine
- Single hole punch
- Paper for funnel
- 65 lb cardstock
How to Make Reindeer Food
Each step for this easy craft for kids is detailed below so it is easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your reindeer food. If you would rather have a printable tutorial, scroll down and select the print button.
Print and cut the tag(s) and hole punch a spot for them to hang.
Create a funnel from paper and insert it into the neck of the jar or bottle.
Add the oats to the jar.
Pour the sprinkles into the jar.
Add the faux snow to the jar.
Tie the tag to the jar and it’s ready for Christmas Eve fun!
Notes to Help Make Your Reindeer Food Recipe
- Do you want to make magic reindeer food for the kids? Just add some pretzels, corn cereal, milk chocolate candy, and peanuts to a bowl and let the munching begin!
- Are you gathering food for a real reindeer or want to convince the little ones you are? They love to eat grass, moss, and hay.
- Another name for a reindeer is a caribou. It is a large member of the deer family and it’s really fun to show the little ones their size against animals they might know and have experience with.
More Holiday Crafts and Recipes You May Like
- Christmas Paintbrush Gnome DIY: The Christmas paintbrush gnome is reversible: one side vintage and one side traditional.
- Rustic Wooden Nutcracker Craft for Christmas: A rustic Christmas DIY will fit in seamlessly with any decor, from farmhouse to modern.
- Holiday Charcuterie Board Idea: This easy-to-make Christmas snack idea is sure to impress.
- You’ve Been Jingled Printable Tag: This easy gift idea is perfect for neighbors, church members, and friends.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this Homemade Reindeer Food to your favorite Christmas craft pin board or share it on Facebook.