Homemade Lemon Ricotta Muffin Recipe
love to bake, especially on a bad weather day and this homemade lemon ricotta muffin recipe is one of my favorites. They make the house smell terrific, too, brightening my mood on those gloomy days.
I bet you have all the ingredients you need in the pantry and fridge. I typically have a few lemons on hand because I put them in my water for a refreshing flavor.
RELATED READING: Easy Lemon Glaze Cupcake Recipe (SO Good)
Delicious Lemon Ricotta Muffins
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, one of our favorite things to do is share a yummy recipe that is as easy to make as it is tasty. These delicious lemon ricotta muffins are all that and so much more.
I am a sucker for lemons and if I can find a homemade recipe to share that includes them, I love that. There is something about that tart flavor that I cannot get enough of.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
Need some time to gather ingredients for these yummy muffins? Save this recipe to your favorite snack or breakfast pin board or share it on Facebook. Using the sharing buttons will make it easy when you are ready to start making this delicious snack.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making This Lemon Muffins Recipe
- If you beat the eggs before adding them to the batter, you will get a better muffin because they will not be over-mixed. Beating the eggs after adding them to the batter makes for a more dense muffin.
- Use vegetable or canola oil in this recipe will ensure you have a lighter bite, rather than a heavier, hockey puck-like muffin.
- Substitute applesauce for some of the oil and sugar and you will get a light and fluffy muffin with fewer calories.
- If too much baking powder is added, these muffins with ricotta cheese could collapse during the baking process, making them heavy and dense, so measure that precisely.
RELATED READING: Lemonade Cupcake Recipe (Perfect for a Hot Day)
Ingredients for Lemon Ricotta Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- White Sugar
- Lemon Zest
- Ricotta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
Each step is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are making this easy muffin recipe. If you would rather have a printable recipe, just scroll down and select the print button.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, add the white sugar and lemon zest. Stir to incorporate.
In a large bowl, add the white sugar and lemon zest.
Mix in the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
Add the muffin batter to the prepared muffin liners in your muffin pan.
Bake for 22-25 minutes and cool before serving.
Notes for Making Your Ricotta Muffin Recipe
- Lemon zest is the yellow outside peel of the fruit and is used to add some zing to this recipe. You can use a zester, a box, or hand grater, or a sharp knife to get this portion of the fruit.
- Adding the sugar with lemon zest to the top of the muffins adds additional flavor and texture.
- For a light and fluffy muffin batter, be sure to use ingredients which are at room temperature.
- Adding an extra egg yolk to your muffin recipe will give you a more moist muffin with a sweeter flavor.
More Lemon Recipes and Crafts You May Like
- These Delicious Blackberry Lemon Cupcakes Have the Most Delicate Flavor: I love the delicate flavor of this recipe for blackberry lemon cupcakes. It’s just so subtle but the perfect foil for a cup of tea or coffee.
- Lemon Pound Cake Cookies Are Melt-in-Your-Mouth Yummy: These amazing lemon pound cake cookies are soft, scrumptious, and simple enough that my kiddo can make them on her own!
- Fresh Lemon Bath Bombs are so Refreshing, They’re Zesty: You’re never going to find a more zesty bath bomb recipe than these fun fresh lemon bath bombs. They have a fun fragrance and they’re crazy fizzy!
- Lemon Sugar Scrub Recipe: This lemon sugar scrub recipe is made into cubes making gift-giving easier or just making less of a mess when you need a good exfoliating pampering.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this muffin recipe to your favorite dessert or snack recipe pin board or share it on Facebook.