I can’t get over how easy this homemade hot cocoa is so simple. And tasty? YES! If you need an easy hot cocoa recipe, this is what you need. And if you want to teach the kids how to make hot chocolate, this. Is. It.
Homemade hot cocoa
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making the best memories with the kiddo. It’s so important to me that we intentionally have those special moments–and one of my favorites is the cuddly under-the-blankets cup of homemade hot cocoa we share on chilly evenings. When the kiddo asked if she could learn how to make hot chocolate one evening recently, I jumped on it!
In no time, we whipped up this amazing concoction and the kiddo could not be prouder. Seriously, not only will you love this recipe, your kid will too. It’s rich and thick, just like hot cocoa should be, giving them a chance to really make something they’ll love. If you’re ready to get some memories made, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite quick and easy drinks board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for how to make hot cocoa
- Only cook your chocolate over medium low heat in your small saucepan. You don’t want to boil it, that will scorch the milk. So, take the time to cook it slower at a lower heat. You’ll be so much happier.
- Don’t feel like you have to be boring and only put marshmallows on your homemade hot cocoa, try sprinkling some powdered sugar and cocoa powder over it. Or sprinkle some chocolate chips over some whipped cream. Get creative–let the kids get creative! Woohoo!
- This is absolutely a kid-friendly hot chocolate recipe. But, if you want to adult this up a little, you can add a pinch of salt and caramel. Just, in your saucepan, combine your sugar, cocoa and salt, stir in vanilla extract, and then heat. It’s so easy to modify this recipe.
How Do I Make this Homemade hot chocolate?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More easy hot Chocolate recipes You Might Like
- Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Mix – Sweet, sweet caramel and hot cocoa? Is there a more perfect pairing? Probably not.
- Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Dippers – If you never stirred a marshmallow in a cup of hot cocoa, you are missing out. It’s amazing. And these make it even more so.
- Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Mix – It’s like a Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup in a mug–which is amazing and everyone should try it at least 10 times.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite drinks recipes board on Pinterest.