This DIY salted caramel hot chocolate ornament is quick to put together and with our secret recipe, will be a joy to receive! It’ll be ready in minutes, so let’s get started.
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
What You'll Find On This Page
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Ornaments with Gift Tag
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s no secret I love making gifts for everyone. But, I always forget someone.
This year, however, I am prepared with these easy DIY hot cocoa ornaments. And I’m helping you out by sharing an adorable printable gift tag and this delicious hot cocoa mix. Gift giving made easy, right?! I’ve created this fun gift with a salted caramel hot cocoa recipe.
If you’re looking for a regular hot cocoa recipe and gift idea, check out these other hot chocolate gift ideas on Ruffles and Rain Boots:
- Hot Cocoa Bombs – If you haven’t seen them, these will knock your socks off (and they are easy)!
- Mason Jar Hot Cocoa Gift
- Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Reindeer (so cute and the kids love them!)
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes (these are a crowd pleaser)
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
You can print out the recipe card for the salted caramel hot chocolate mix below, but make sure you grab everything you need:
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (we used Hawaiian sea salt)
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup salted caramel chips
- 1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Optional, 4 tablespoons red decorating sugar
- Optional, salted caramels (for gifting)
Supplies for This Easy Hot Cocoa Ornament Idea
The salted caramel hot cocoa dry mix is pretty darn awesome on its own, but to make the hot cocoa ornament, you’ll need:
- 4 or 5 clear ball ornaments
- 1 piece, Buffalo Plaid patterned card stock (or get this and print at home)
- Printable “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” gift tags here, 4 to a page
- Funnel or piece of paper coiled into a cone
- Glue (or double-sided tape) and a hole punch
How to Make a Quick DIY Hot Cocoa Ornament Gift
Just as a note, this recipe makes 4-5 ornaments and you can buy clear ornaments in packs of 4, 6, and 10. Coincidence? Nope, not at all. Get ready to make a few fun gifts in just 10-minutes, friends!
- Mix sugar, baking cocoa, powdered milk, and salt until combined. Remove the ornament’s top and funnel 1/2 cup of the mixture into each ornament.
- Pour 1/4 cup of dark chocolate AND 1/4 cup of salted caramel chips into each ornament. Try to keep the layers separated for a wow-worthy presentation.
- Fill the remainder of space in the ornament with miniature marshmallows. Sprinkle in about a tablespoon of red sugar, if using. Replace ornament top.
- Cut gift tag and affix to Buffalo check paper. Punch a hole in the tag and attach to the ornament with twine.
- If you’re gifting these ornaments with a few chewy salted caramel candies (recommended), tie them up with a piece of twine and deliver them with the hot cocoa ornament!
Easy Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how we grow and we are sincerely grateful.