Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Mix Reindeer Mason Jar Gift
This reindeer mason jar and peanut butter hot chocolate mix are a winning combination. Make it in minutes and deliver smiles this holiday!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate in Reindeer Gift Jars
Do you ever come up with a gift idea and think, this is perfect for the kids! Well, friends, this is that gift. Kids will love to receive these adorable reindeer mason jars full of peanut butter hot chocolate and parents will love that they’re single-serving. Win, win.
If you have kids, you have almost everything you could need on hand. Below, I’ll give you the peanut butter hot cocoa mix recipe and the supplies for the jar.
More Hot Cocoa Ideas on Ruffles and Rain Boots
Here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to share all kinds of easy Christmas crafts. A few more hot cocoa (or hot chocolate) gift ideas are:
- Hot Chocolate Bombs (These Will Blow Your Mind!)
- Hot Cocoa Mason Jar Gift (Great Gift for a Family)
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Ornament (Perfect for Any Caramel Fan)
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes (So Cute!)
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Mix
Baking for the holidays means you’re going to have everything you need for this yummy peanut butter hot chocolate mix. If you can’t find peanut butter chips, grab some peanut butter cups and chop them up. Mmm…
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- One pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
Supplies for Reindeer Mason Jars
You want the smallest of small mason jars (jelly jars) for this fun reindeer mason jar craft. They are perfect for a single serving hot cocoa gift and can be used to store just about anything once the hot chocolate is gone. If you have a playlist on YouTube to which you’d like to add this project, here is our peanut butter hot cocoa video tutorial.
- Jelly jar mason jars (we used 10, 4-ounce jars)
- 20 brown pipe cleaners (2 for each jar)
- 20 googly eyes (2 for each jar)
- 10 red pompoms (1 for each jar)
- 1 piece of patterned cardstock
- Printable jar toppers, print and cut out
- Glue or double-sided tape, scissors, optional: glue gun
How to Make a Reindeer Hot Cocoa Gift for Kids
Friends, this is a great gift idea for kids to make, so grab them and bring them into the kitchen. They’ll love wrapping the pipe cleaners to make antlers!
- Use the jelly jar lid to cut 10 circles from the patterned cardstock by tracing them on the back and cutting them out. Glue a cut out printable jar topper to a piece of cardstock. Glue each topper to a lid and set each aside to dry.
- Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, and salt until combined. Transfer two tablespoons of dry mix into each jar.
- Top the cocoa mix with a handful of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Top those with miniature marshmallows.
- Twist a brown pipe cleaner onto each side of the metal ring and curl the ends of each.
- Place the metal lid back inside the ring and twist onto the jar. Glue two eyes and a red pompom nose for Rudolph onto the front of each jar.
RELATED READING: Easy and Fun Hot Cocoa Mason Jar Gift
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share on Facebook
Do you combine this list with water or milk and if so how much is recommended?
Cyn, I use 8 ounces and water *can* be used, but in our house we use milk.