i was so happy to make this exfoliating Dollar Tree Himalayan salt scrub to excise all the cobwebs from this winter’s harsh treatment.
Dollar Tree Himalayan Salt Scrub
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we normally go for sugar scrubs, but sometimes, sometimes, salt is the medium of choice. Not only is it a fantastic scrubbing action you get, but the salt really does something for the exfoliation that I desperately need after this winter. So, breaking out my DIY bath and beauty recipes, I worked one up to make this DIY Himalayan salt scrub to “brush off the cobwebs” if you know what I mean! LOL!
And boy, let me tell you, this homemade salt scrub really gave me the exfoliating experience I was looking for. Fresh and pink skin with a smooth and creamy feel? It’s one of my favorite things about making my own bath and body recipes. Ready to make this scrub and get your own exfoliation going? Well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite bath and body recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make DIY Salt Scrub with HIMALAYAN Salt
- I found all of the ingredients I needed at the Dollar Tree. Now, I know that no everyone’s Dollar Tree is as well stocked, but this is a pretty standard set of goodies. That being said, if you want, you can find Himalayan salt here, if you need it and coconut oil here.
- After how fabulous this easy homemade salt scrub made my skin feel, I think I might be gifting it to some friends as part of a little ding-dong-ditch set of spa gifts. To package it up, I’m thinking of using these cute mini mason jars because how adorable?!
- Keep in mind that salt scrub will last for a really really long time. It’s ridiculous, honestly how long it will last. Just keep it in an airtight container at room temperature and you’re good to use it anytime you want. Or, for a super-refreshing experience, you just keep it in the fridge and that chilly scrub is going to be a fun bath time contrast!
How Do I Make this Dollar Tree Himalayan Salt Scrub?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Dollar Tree Himalayan Salt
- Dollar Tree Coconut Oil
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Add ½ cup Himalayan salt to your mixing bowl. Lightly mix, breaking up any large lumps.
- Add ¼ cup coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water and mix thoroughly. If the mixture still seems dry, add one more teaspoon of water and stir to combine. Store in an air tight jar until you're ready to use!
For more fun DIY bath and body recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain boots!
More Easy DIY Bath and Beauty You Might Like
- Unicorn Sugar Scrub Cubes – One of my favorite scrub recipes, these cubes last FOREVER and they’er beautiful, smell great and give me ridiculously creamy skin.
- Orange Sugar Scrub – Orange and citrus in scrubs and bath bombs always make my pores feel so refreshed and open, so of course I love this awesome scrub!
- Peppermint Body Scrub – Minty smells and refreshed skin is just about the most amazing experience a person can have in a bath!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY bath and beauty recipes board on Pinterest.