This peppermint body scrub recipe is made in just minutes and works perfectly to exfoliate and moisturize dry winter skin. Let’s get started!
There are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Homemade Body Scrubs Make the Best Gifts
It’s no secret we love to make our own DIY sugar scrub recipes here on Ruffles and Rain Boots. And now, we’re getting into the holiday spirit with some fun winter-themed sugar scrubs!
Winter dries out the skin, doesn’t it? We need to slough off that skin and add moisture and this peppermint body scrub is the perfect way to do it!
This candy cane sugar scrub only takes minutes to make and let me just say – it’s gorgeous, so it will also make a great gift. Let’s get started.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for a Peppermint Body Scrub
First, let me say that if you don’t want to make a solid sugar scrub, you can leave out the soap base and make a traditional loose exfoliating scrub. We really like the cubes, however, because they cut down on the mess and they stay fresh longer.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shea butter melt and pour soap base
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 10-12 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3-4 drops vitamin e oil (can omit)
- red or pink soap colorant
- 2-3 candy canes or 10-15 peppermint candies (crushed)
You’ll also need a mold. I prefer this mold and use it for all my solid body scrub recipes.
How to Make Sugar Scrub Cubes
Making this solid peppermint body scrub is a snap, friends. It’s ridiculously easy and allows you to make as little or as much as you need. If you have a playlist on YouTube to which you’d like to add this project, here is our peppermint body scrub video tutorial.
Get Creativity Delivered Every Week
If you want to join the fun here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, sign up for the once-weekly newsletter. I’ll share freebies and anything new and you’ll be the first to get them all. Doesn’t that sound awesome? ;)
Gift Ideas for This Fun Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
Our favorite way to present DIY spa Christmas gifts is to combine them with other pieces. For example,
- Make peppermint bath bombs and put together mini holiday pampering kits. Mason jars work well and because they come in so many sizes (these are our favorite size and style ), you can size up or down.
- Grab a gift bag and load it up with these fun candy cane body scrub cubes, a bath pillow, and a peppermint candle (this one is divine). Instant holiday pampering!
If you’re making these as a gift, include some additional information such as:
- These sugar scrub cubes are good for about 6 months when kept in a cool, dry place.
- How to use sugar scrub cubes:
- Grab 1 or 2 cubes and lightly crush them in your hands.
- Rub the cubes on wet skin in a circular motion.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share It on Facebook
Your shares are how we grow and we are sincerely grateful.