One session with this mermaid foot scrub and you’ll want summer to get here in a hurry. This mermaid sugar scrub will have your heels ready for sandals!
Mermaid Foot Scrub
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making DIY sugar scrubs and DIY salt scrubs for the tub. That silky feeling when you get done rubbing your feet with a nice, coarse mermaid foot scrub and the smell…oh, that’s just heaven. Put me in a tub with a mermaid bath bomb and mermaid foot scrub and I’m in heaven. And don’t get me started on lemon exfoliating cubes…you just go ahead and lock me in that bathroom, I’ll be just fine.
But, this mermaid foot scrub is definitely a must, even if I’m doing a minimalist shower before heading out to my summer sandals. The reason? How the mermaid sugar scrub makes my heels look fab. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY sugar scrubs board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Mermaid Sugar Scrub
Store your mermaid sugar scrub in an airtight container for up to three days. Storing it in the refrigerator can be refreshing on tired feet, but it won’t extend the life of the scrub.
Add just a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture to turn your mermaid sugar scrub into a calming, aromatherapy enriched experience.
How Do I Make this Mermaid Foot Scrub?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, just ask them in the comments below.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- blue soap colorant
- optional: blue and/or purple sugar sprinkles
- optional: 5 drops of essential oil
- Mix the coconut oil and sugar together in a bowl.
- If your scrub is not as solid as you'd like, add more sugar. If you feel it is too dry, add in a dab of coconut oil until you get the consistency you want. Because coconut oil will solidify if it is cooler, using your hands may activate more of the oil, so be aware that the consistency can change.
- Add 2 drops of blue coloring for a little tint and mix well.
- Place your sugar scrub in your jar and add sprinkles, as desired (you know, for a little more fun).
For more fun sugar scrub and bath salts recipes, visit RufflesandRainboots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Soothing Bath Recipes You Might Like
- Ultimate List of Sugar Scrub and Bath Salt Recipe – If you’re ready to dive in and get all sorts of self-care in the tub, this is the list of goodies you’re going to need to get it done right.
- Mermaid Bath Bomb – Round-out your mermaid bath time experience. You will not be sorry.
- Lemon Exfoliating Cubes – If you’re all about the exfoliation, this is where it’s at. All the end-of-winter ick on your feet? Gone in 20-seconds.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite bath and beauty board on Pinterest.