She’s the secret heroine of the entire Harry Potter series, so of course the kiddo and I made this Hermione Paper Doll!
Hermione Paper Doll
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a bit of a crush on the secret heroine of the Harry Potter books and movies. Because, you know that nice boy? Wouldn’t be around past the first book if his friend Hermione hadn’t been smart, capable, and a little bit snarky. She’s definitely someone I want my daughter to admire. So, when she asked if we could make Harry’s friends, we definitely made a simple and fun Hermione paper doll!
Super quick, this paper craft for kids is a great way to get in some scissor practice and to let them go wild with their own creativity. So, grab a few pieces of paper and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Harry Potter Craft
- Start by grabbing the free printable template here to make your Hermione paper doll Harry Potter craft.
- This is a great base to make ANY Harry Potter character. Let’s be honest, Hermione is fantastic, and I have a Harry template, but you could use this same template, with some small adjustments, to make a Jenny, a Mrs. Weasley, or even Luna Lovegood! So don’t feel constrained and certainly don’t stop your kiddo from going for a Snape, Lupin or even Dumbledore!
- If the kiddo doesn’t feel confident about drawing Hermione’s face, you can help or you can just let them try a few times on a second sheet of paper to practice. At the end of the day, though, the face can be super simple. Two half moons for eyes and a half moon for a smile is really all that’s necessary – although I obviously went a little further than that at my kiddo’s request.
- Want to take your wizard experience to the next level? You can add a tiny wand made with some twisted shreds of paper, a Nimbus 2000 broom for Hermione to ride using a chopstick and some shredded paper. Just let the creative juices flow!
How Do I Make this Hermione Paper Doll?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Paper Roll
- Construction or Craft Paper in Beige, Grey, Yellow, Black and Brown
- Hermione Paper Doll Template
- Craft glue
- Red Sharpie or marker
- Download and print out the template then cut out each piece. Trace the pattern pieces on the selected paper and cut them out. I used beige paper for the head pattern, yellow for the scarf, brown for the hair, black for the gown and grey for the skirt pattern.
- Make a slit along the inner part of the hair.
- Slide the top side of the head through the bottom side of the slit in the hair. Apply glue to join the hair and head together. Use a black pen or marker to draw the eyes, nose and mouth of the Hermione paper doll’s face.
- Grab the yellow scarf cutouts and add red stripes on them with a red marker or sharpie.
- Attach the grey skirt piece on the middle part of the black rectangle. Attach the scarf pieces on the opposite side of the skirt.
- Grab an empty paper roll and wrap the black paper around it, gluing it in place.
- Attach the paper head piece on the top side (the scarf's side) of the roll to complete the Hermione doll craft.
For more fun Harry Potter crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Paper Crafts for Kids You Might Like
- Lilo Paper Roll Craft – I love how easy it is to make a little Lilo and Stitch with this simple DIY paper craft!
- Dragon Paper Roll Blower – The kiddo loves having a dragon to blow fire as she runs around the house playing Wizards!
- Rapunzel Toilet Paper Roll Craft – If you need a princess that rescues herself from a tower, check out this easy tutorial!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kids crafts board on Pinterest.