This easy and fun dragon blower paper craft is a great boredom buster for kids. Fast and simple, it’s a fun dragon paper roll craft!
Dragon Blower Paper Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have had so many moments of “I’m bored” lately that I’ve had to start getting creative. One of my favorite things is to come up with a craft that also results in a toy. So the kiddo can make something to play with, thus filling more time and getting her moving a bit. And she wanted a dragon, so I got to work coming up with a fun dragon paper roll craft that’s both easy and super fun!
It’s basically just a paper tube with some tissue paper on the end, but I’m not joking, it was like having a real-life pet dragon for about 4 hours. And I loved it. We’re definitely making more the next time she wants a dragon. If you’re ready to make a dragon for your very own, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite paper crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Dragon Paper Roll Craft
- Making this dragon blower paper roll craft is so simple. The hardest part is the frill and the little whiskers. Grab the free printable template here to make cutting out those parts just a bit easier.
- I strongly recommend pairing this fun paper craft with a balloon. The kiddo has so much fun blowing the balloon around, keeping it in the air or just generally torturing the balloon with the “flames” from the dragon.
- If you want to have a really good time, you can put a kazoo from the dollar store into the back of the paper roll and let the dragon make a funny, funky sound every time the kiddo gives it a good honk! LOL!
How Do I Make this Dragon Blower Paper Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 Paper Roll
- 4 1/4-inch Orange Pom Poms
- 1 Sheet Each Red, Orange and Yellow Tissue Paper
- 1 Sheet Green Card Stock
- 2 Tiny Googly Eyes
- Glue Stick
- Cut a length of green cardstock long enough and wide enough to wrap around the paper roll, then glue it in place wrapped snugly around the paper tube.
- Cut out 1/2-inch wide strips of tissue paper in each color. You only need between 10 and 12 about 8-10 inches long. Glue the strips of tissue paper around the opening of one end of the paper tube, about 1/2-inch inside the lip of the tube.
- Cut two frill shapes from the template and four whisker shapes, from the green cardstock. Attach the frills to either side of the paper tube, on the opposite side of the tube from the tissue paper "flames".
- Glue the whiskers to the top of the paper tube, on the same end as the "flames", side by side.
- On top of the whiskers, glue two of the pom poms for nostrils.
- Glue the two remaining pom poms between the frills, side by side. Glue the two googly eyes on the front of these two pom poms.
- Allow the glue to dry completely then enjoy!
For more fun paper crafts for kids, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Dragon Kids Crafts You Might Like
- Easy DIY Paper Dragon Mask with Cut File Set – Such a fantastic way to make a whole set of dragon masks super fast for a party or for a kiddo that wants several colors! LOL!
- Paper Dragon Puppet – I love this easy dragon puppet. It’s simple and fun, but also gets the kiddo thinking about building in a way that’s fun.
- Printable Dragon Mask Coloring Template – Got a kiddo that loves to paint or color? Print this easy mask template and get to making it your own!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kids crafts board on Pinterest.