This heart t-shirt Grinch craft for kids is a quick craft the kids can do themselves. And they are perfect for a Grinch family movie night or holiday party
Heart T-Shirt Grinch Craft for Kids
“Well in Whoville they say the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.” Dr. Seuss
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we’re big fans of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas story. Like many, it’s become a tradition for us to watch one (or all) of the versions during the holiday season.
Recently, I shared our Grinch Christmas bath salts (so cute) and Grinch Shower Fizzies and Bath Bombs. But my daughter wants in on the crafty fun, so today I’m sharing an adorable t-shirt Grinch craft for kids. It’s done in no time at all and the kids can make it ALL. BY. THEMSELVES. #winning
Supplies to Make This Fun Grinch Craft for Kids
The only note I’ll give you is to try and find the thickest felt you can find. You can use craft felt, but it will likely break down in the wash after a few cycles.
- green t-shirt (dollar stores or craft stores both have them)
- red felt
- fabric glue and cardboard (or wax paper, foil, or another item to prevent glue from seeping)
How to Make a Christmas Grinch T-Shirt
I’m not sure this needs a tutorial, friends, but here goes. If this is a one-time wear kind of thing for you, disregard these notes. But if this is something someone will want to wear more than once, go ahead and prewash and dry the shirt to prevent shrinkage after applying the hearts.
- Lay the t-shirt out and place a piece of cardboard, wax paper, or foil in between the layers. This will prevent the glue from bleeding through and sticking your shirt together.
- Have the kids cut out three hearts in growing sizes from the red felt. You can pre-cut ones for the little kids.
- Advise the children to glue the hearts onto the t-shirt to represent the Grinch’s heart growing.
- Once the glue has set, let the kids wear the shirt.
Care Instructions: Make sure the glue has set completely. Wash on delicate cycle and air dry (or tumble with no heat).
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library (full of free practice sheets and instructions) and the Exclusive Library (full of free cut files for cutting machines, tips on our favorite craft mediums, and all things fun)!
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share on Facebook
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.