I am so in love with this Grinch wreath for Christmas. It was so easy to make and the results really are so fun, it’s ridiculous. I mean, literally the Grinch is stuck in a chimney on my door. How cool!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a seriously gad addiction to making Christmas crafts and sometimes those crafts revolve directly around The Grinch Who Stole Christmas–and his heart growing three sizes. It’s just about the most Christmas-ey thing you can do, right?!
So, of course, I felt the need to make this ridiculously awesome Grinch wreath. It’s so fun, kind of silly, and, frankly, outlandish. Which is what the Grinch is all about, right?! If you’re ready to put a Grinch on your door, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Grinch Christmas Wreath
- Take the time to really stuff your cereal box full of something. The hot glue will really weight it down and deform the thin cardboard if you don’t. So, stuff it full–you wouldn’t want the chimney to collapse on the poor Grinch.
- Grab some green craft fur here. Or, you can paint your own with watercolors. I have done that and, if you layer on the shades, you’ll get some really amazingly pretty fur that looks stunning.
- Let your hot glue cool slightly, then use a bamboo skewer or pencil to swirl it a little to give it that brick texture. Do each brick individually so that it seems natural.
- I grabbed my basic elf legs at my craft store, but you can click here to get some like mine. It doesn’t really matter which legs you get, because they’re just going to be covered anyway.
How Do I Make this Grinch Wreath?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Grinch Christmas Crafts You Might Like
- Easy Grinch Gnome – This is the funniest Grinch Christmas craft you’ll find. It’s a little furry gnome with a fake beard and a ridiculous Santa hat. Perfect for Grinchmas.
- Grinch Gnome Ornament – Oh, you’d like to put a Grinch on your tree? Well, this one is awesome with Christmas lights and a fun little nose.
- Grinch Sock Gnome Tutorial – Sock gnomes are all the rage and this one is so ridiculously fun, you’ll wish you made two…oh, wait, that’s me.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.