If you love having Grinch movie night with the family, you have to make these Grinch cupcakes and show the kids how you can grow a heart by two sizes in just a few bites! LOL!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we absolutely LOVE family movie night. And one of the kids’ favorite movies is the Grinch. So, periodically, even if it’s no where near the holidays, we’ll have a Grinch movie night where we do it all up green. This latest time, I made these awesome Grinch cupcakes.
Light and fluffy with a surprise inside, these Grinch heart cupcakes were such a treat to have about 3/4 of the way through the movie. And the kids were so tickled with the hearts…well, it was just a perfect Grinch movie night treat. If you’re ready to grow your cupcake heart two sizes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas treats board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Grinch Heart Cupcakes
- If you love Starburst candies, guess what?! I used exactly that to make the hearts for this fun Grinch treat. But, if you don’t feel like candy on top of a cupcake is your thing, that’s ok. You can use marshmallow fondant in the same way–totally interchangeable.
- Be sure to start with an easy vanilla cupcake recipe. I like to use my Lazy Girl Cupcakes, a no-fail cupcake recipe that is literally so soft and fluffy, you can’t help but love them.
- If you don’t have a star decorating tip (or any decorating tips for that matter), you can absolutely spoon-on some icing on top of your cupcakes. Just be sure to make it look super messy, as that’s how the fur on the Grinch looks. You know, because you definitely want your cupcakes to stay in character. LOL!
How to Make Easy Grinch Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Fun Grinch Movie Night Ideas
- Kid-Made Grinch T-Shirt Activity - If your kids are anything like mine, movie night is a whole day of activity--and this is a fun one for everybody to get into!
- Free Printable Grinch Popcorn Box - Like having a little popcorn with your movie? Grab these free printable grinch popcorn box templates.
- Grinch Bath Soak Salt - Add a little fun to the kids' bath time after the movie and add a little fun salt to the mix.
- Grinch Cinnamon Rolls - Not into cupcakes? That's ok, make some fun cinnamon rolls instead!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite family movie night ideas board on Pinterest.