This summer activity jar puts an end to the “Mom, I’m bored!” screams of the long, hot days. Now, the kids will always have SOMETHING to do.
Summer Activity Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love the summer in the Pacific Northwest. But it seems kids have an aversion to coming up with their own activities during those months. The mountains of LEGOs, legions of stuffed animals, and stacks of Pokémon cards seem to disappear as options (even though they’re strewn all over their rooms)…
Summer should be stress-free (for all ages) and I knew I could easily help them (well, us) out with this awesome summer activity jar. It has a ton of ideas that are, actually, really fun. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy and might need to pick up a few craft sticks for this one. Pin this to your favorite crafts and activities for kids board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this I’m Bored Jar
- Let the kids help you make this summer activity jar with you. Not only is it a fun craft they can help you do, but being involved in the making will get them more interested in the activities and ideas!
- Put this “I’m Bored” jar somewhere that the kids can reach it without knocking it over. They can pull their ideas and bring them to you, even if they can’t read them yet.
- If you want to mix it up, you can hold back a few of the activities for a week, then swap them out with other activities that the kids didn’t really take to the first week. Then repeat. That way the ideas are “fresh”-ish.
- Be sure to print the free printable I’m Bored Summer Activity Jar label here and the full printable activities template here so the kids can identify their jar!
How Do I Make this Summer Activity Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a summer activities playlist on YouTube, here is our summer activity jar video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Bored Kids Activities You Might Like
- Marshmallow Shooters – Need a way to keep the kids busy for HOURS? Dude, these marshmallow launchers will do that.
- Movie Date Night in a Jar – Make this easy craft as a gift for that evening off with your partner!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite bored kids activities board on Pinterest.