This is a fast and fun farmhouse shadow box Cricut craft that you can make in just a few minutes with just a handful of supplies!
Farmhouse Shadow Box Cricut Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making new and fun little additions to my farmhouse decor. And this farmhouse shadow box Cricut craft is a great way to add a touch of the outdoors right into the kitchen!
A little chicken wire, a bit of vinyl lettering and some eggs popped inside a shadow box is just a fast and fun craft to make anyone smile. So, grab your hot glue gun and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Cricut crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make This Cricut Shadow Box
- Click here to get the farmhouse text I used to make this Cricut shadow box. But don’t feel like you’re stuck with the font I chose. You can easily write the word yourself in Cricut Design Space, using any font you choose.
- To make this easy shadowbox, I decided to add some faux eggs behind chicken wire because I planned to leave this up in my kitchen all year long. But this easy Cricut craft works so well for any season. For example, if you wanted to make it a more fall craft, you could add fall leaves instead of eggs – or flowers in spring. Anything would work.
- I grabbed my frame at the Dollar Tree, but you can get a great one here that I used on another craft recently. Alternatively, you could use paint stir sticks to build a box, then just work out from there – but I find that using a pre-made frame is more my speed.
How Do I Make this Farmhouse Shadow Box Cricut Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Farmhouse SVG
- Black Permanent Vinyl
- 1 Sheet White Card Stock Paper
- Chicken Wire
- Faux Eggs
- Shadow Box
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Blue or Green Grip Mat
- Weeding Tool
- Scraper Tool
- Transfer Tape
- Wire Cutters
- Open the shadowbox and remove the glass - you can discard it or set it aside to make a different craft later.
- Using wire cutters, trim a piece of chicken wire to fit where the glass was located inside the shadow box, then hot glue the chicken wire in place.
- Trace the shadow box frame onto the card stock sheet and cut this out then set it aside.
- Download the cut file for the text and upload it into Design Space. Alternatively, type your text into Design Space and size it to fit within the face of the sign.
- Hit the "make it" button then place the vinyl onto the cutting mat and load the mat into the cutting machine.
- Adjust the material setting to vinyl and hit “go”.
- Remove the negative vinyl from the lettering design and discard.
- Cut a piece of transfer paper about the size of your vinyl design and place the transfer paper on top of the vinyl. With the scraper tool, rub the vinyl design to ensure that the vinyl affixes will to the transfer paper.
- Flip the vinyl and transfer paper face-down and begin to gently remove the vinyl backing off, leaving the vinyl design on the transfer paper.
- Position the vinyl design and transfer tape on the upper side of the face of your card stock paper cut out. Take care to position it lightly on top of the card stock and do not smooth down.
- Once you are happy with the location of the design, begin to apply pressure and smooth the design onto the card stock using a scraper tool or old gift card.
- Slowly peel the transfer paper away starting at a corner and very carefully rolling it up and away from the card stock. The vinyl will stay on the card stock.
- Place a bit of straw in the bottom of the shadow box, hot gluing it in place, against the chicken wire.
- Hot glue 3-5 faux eggs in place on top of the straw.
- Fit the card stock onto the back of the shadow box with the text facing the front of the shadow box, then fit the back of the shadow box back onto the frame.
- Hang your shadow box on the wall and enjoy!
For more fun Cricut crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Farmhouse Crafts You Might Like
- Easy Farmhouse Wreath – This wreath is so simple, you can make it in just a few minutes and have a new look on your door fast!
- Farmhouse Book Stack Gnome Stand – Perfect for giving your gnomes a little something to stand on and rise above the crowd!
- Braided Jute Coasters – If you have a coffee table, you know about the bane that is condensation rings – and this is a great way to get ’em!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest.