This simple and adorable clay unicorn charm is the perfect gift for best friends to cherish! It’s fun to create and give these adorable charms, so let’s get started!
Clay Unicorn Charm – Perfect for Best Friends!
Isn’t this clay unicorn charm just the cutest!?! Best friend charms are fun for so many ages. I remember back to my days growing up and everyone loved handing out and collecting charms.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to make fun unicorn crafts – they’re so much fun and so popular! As it turns out, charms are still super popular today as are unicorns, so it just makes sense to combine the two make one seriously epic and awesome charm.
No Time to Make it Now? No worries, Pin It for Later!
I’m like you – I always find the cutest things that I want to do when I’m running out the door. Pin this for later and make it with the kids this weekend.
Unicorn Charm Tutorial Tips
Everyone loves a few tips and insight into things before jumping in, right? Here are a few pieces of advice from my creative brain to yours.
- Be patient and have fun – while there are several steps to this unicorn charm craft, they are simple and easy to do!
- When it says knead, knead! Work that clay like there’s no tomorrow.
- Use a head pin to make it into a charm but here’s a tip: insert the head pin and extend it a bit beyond the charm (at the bottom) and bend it over so the charm will be sure to stay on.
How To Make This Clay Unicorn Charm
Gather up your list of supplies and you’re ready to get started. If you’re creating a playlist on YouTube of fun and easy polymer clay crafts, here is our clay unicorn charm video tutorial.
- Polymer clay
- Golden acrylic paint (optional if you have gold clay)
- X-Acto knife
- Use any clay colors you'd like and select a clay color for the head. Cut out a slice of clay. and knead it with your finger tips. Roll it into a ball shape. Flatten the clay ball by pressing it. Form an oblong shape with the flattened clay. See the pictures.
- Using green clay, cut 4-5 tiny slices and knead each slice to make a roll. Flatten the roll like we did before and form a basic leaf shape. Use the X-acto knife to trace patterns on the clay leaf.
- It's time to make some easy clay flowers! Cut out a slice of clay (same as the leaf slice). Just as we did above, create the rolls and flatten them. Roll them and press the end the rolled clay to secure flower. Repeat with two more colors.
- Let's make the ears and the horn. Using the same amount of clay as you used for the ears and leaves, cut out 2 slices and form the ears of the unicorn. Create the indent for the ears using the X-acto knife - press lightly. For the horn, simply roll a pipe and slightly flatten it and form it to a cone. Use the knife to make the indentions.
- Make the clay unicorn eyes by rolling a thin pipe and cutting it down into the closed eyes and the eyelashes.
- Assemble the clay unicorn charm as shown in the pictures. First, place the eyes, then the ears and horn on the top Attach the ears and the horn on the top end of the unicorn head. Press gently. Attach the leaves and the flowers one by one on the top front side of the head. For cheeks, you can use a highlighter, marker, or a small amount of pink clay. Use a scrap of black clay for the mouth and you're done with the clay unicorn charm assembly!
- Bake the unicorn charm per the package instructions.
For more fun unicorn crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
Check Out These Adorable Unicorn Crafts:
- DIY Unicorn Headband – A Fun Unicorn Party Craft
- DIY Unicorn Ribbon Ring Decor – So Cute!
- The Best Free Unicorn SVG and Graphics
Want More Fun Crafts Delivered Right to You?
Be one of the first to be notified when we create a new unicorn craft or other fun DIY crafts, by signing up to our once-weekly newsletter. I promise this is no spamming, selling or pressure…just really fun crafts. :)
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.