For a fun and easy Mother’s Day craft, you can make these easy chalk painted pastel mason jars in just a few minutes!
Pastel Mason Jars
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love crafting with mason jars. They’re easy, fun and come together quick. There’s no single packaging for gift ideas that I love more. So, of course, when I needed some cute Mother’s Day gifts, I decided to prep some easy chalk painted pastel mason jars!
Super fast, these adorable farmhouse jars are a great craft for even the most beginner crafter – but you can enjoy it even if you’re been a crafter for years! If you’re ready to make this easy mason jar craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite jar crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Chalk Painted Jars
- I got everything I needed to make these beautiful pastel mason jars at the Dollar Tree. But you can find a lot of these supplies at any craft store. You may already have all of them. If you’re having trouble finding the jars, though, I like these jars here because they’re just a great every-day size for any craft or storage.
- When you are painting on glass, one of the best tips I like to offer (even when you’re using chalk paint), is to apply a second coat. There’s nothing more disappointing than making your painted jar and thinking that you’re done when you finish that first coat and you realize it got all streaky. A second coat solves that. Just let the first coat dry completely, then go over it again and you’ll LOVE the result.
- The next question I like to get answered is “what do you DO with these chalk painted jars?” Easy. Just check out all these awesome mason jar cookie recipes you can toss into a jar and give for Mother’s Day, a ding-dong-dash gift or anything!
How Do I Make These Pastel Mason Jars?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Mason Jar Crafts You Might Like
- How to Use Cricut Stencils to Paint Jars – Easy and fun to make, this is a quick twist on the traditional jar-painting method is awesome.
- Flower Date Night in a Jar – A great way to make a craft with a jar that contains a little activity to enjoy together with your sweetie!
- Decoupaged Gnome Mason Jars – Fast and fun way to make a jar that can be used as a gift idea for cookies or any other jar use!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy crafts board on Pinterest.