Dollar Tree Calendar Craft: Tumbling Tower Ornaments
You only need a few items make these tumbling tower ornaments using the wood block game, calendars, and wood glue. I used nearly everything from the Dollar Tree to make these!
RELATED READING: Dollar Tree Calendar Magnet Craft
Tumbling Tower Ornaments
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, the Dollar Tree has been heavily featured as a crafter’s delight. From Dollar Tree gnomes to Dollar Tree Disney decor, some of the staples should never be passed up!
It’s so much fun to make DIY Christmas decorations and what could be easier than these farmhouse style, rustic ones? This holiday season, the tumbling tower game is going to make a lot of fun DIY holiday decor (see below for more crafts using this versatile base). Let’s get started.
No Time to Make These Now?
If you need to grab supplies (read below), just save this to your favorite easy crafts pin board or share it to a favorite Dollar Tree crafting Facebook group.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Using Dollar Tree Craft Items for Christmas Decor
As I mentioned above, I keep my eyes out for staples. I love looking through the crafts section, but I hit up the party, decor, and even seasonal (before and after holidays).
These Dollar Tree Christmas decorations feature the following items from one of our favorite stores:
- tumbling tower game – The pieces are smaller than the official Jenga® pieces but are a crafter’s dream so I always have them on hand. You can find them in the large or small sets and in the natural or brown painted piece sets – both will work.
- Dollar Tree calendar – I used a few different ones I had but any calendar will work if they have the summary of monthly images on the back. You do not have to use only holiday themed images for these, either. I have a really cute bicycle one from summer I used on a package (just added card stock to the bag for a To / From tag).
- ribbons from the Dollar Tree – I always check the ribbons at the Dollar Tree. A few sections to check for ribbon are the gardening section, the floral department, seasonal aisles, party favor section, and even the crafter’s square department. I find great ribbon all over that store!
- wood glue versus hot glue – I use the wood glue from the Dollar Tree but do not use the glue sticks (I use these glue sticks for my detail glue gun and they are QUALITY for the price).
Ways to Use These Christmas Ornaments
- You can hang these on holiday-painted mason jars for a quick and easy decoration. To do so, just make the ribbon 10-inches or so and it will hang down below the greenery edge.
- Wrap some candy canes in a rubber band and use the ribbon to wrap around the sides of the base piece as a pretty way to present something plain.
- Create a “DIY Dollar Tree Christmas” set with these ornaments, the calendar magnets below, and even some wreath ornaments (wrap a DT shower curtain ring in a garland tie and place this image behind it).
- This easy Christmas craft can be used as a tag for a gift bag (just write on the back with permanent marker or use a piece of card stock like I did).
How to Make Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Ornaments
Below is the written tutorial for this easy Christmas craft. If you have any questions, please comment below and I’ll answer or you can join the fun at the Facebook group here.
More Tumbling Tower Ornaments You Might Like
- Snowman Hat Ornaments – Utterly adorable, these top hat ornaments remind me of everyone’s favorite snowman, Frosty.
- Rustic Snowman Ornaments – Another craft where everything came from the Dollar Tree, you can make these in minutes.
- Dollar Tree Calendar Magnets – These would make a great gift set if you gifted 6 or even all 12 of them!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please consider saving this to your favorite Christmas crafts pin board or share it to a Dollar Tree group on Facebook.