Using simple supplies from the Dollar Tree, you can make these adorable snowman hat ornaments for your tree or packages. The step-by-step Christmas ornament tutorial only takes about 10 minutes!
Easy Snowman Hat Ornaments
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, easy Christmas crafts are my thing. I love crafting for the holidays but need crafts to be quick and easy so I can involve my daughter.
Using some Dollar Tree supplies, we made these fun snowman ornaments and I’m excited to share the easy DIY with you. One tip: if you want immediate hold, you can use hot glue, however, if you want a longer-lasting hold, I recommend the wood glue. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make These Now But Too Cute Not to Save?
If you need to gather supplies or just want to share all this cuteness, please share this to your favorite Facebook crafting group or save it to a board on Pinterest.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Making These Snowman Hat Ornaments
- As I mentioned above, hot glue (even lo-temp) will work, however, the wood glue sets pretty quickly and will last longer.
- If you cannot find the Dollar Tree garland, go over to the floral section and choose a Christmas sprig of any kind to use as the ‘holly’ and berries.
- I used vase filler in red for the berries but friends, these have a tendency to get everywhere. If you can find the red berry wired garland, grab that and disassemble to avoid any mess.
- These are the perfect size to make into gift tags! Add a little piece of paper on the back with “To” and “From” and bam – instant gift tag tag that will bring the smiles.
How Do I Make These Dollar Tree Christmas Ornaments?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and remember – I’d LOVE to see your crafts. Be sure to join the Facebook group here and show me your creations!
- 9 Blocks from Tumbling Tower Game; 3 per ornament (Dollar Tree)
- Fake pine Christmas garland (Dollar Tree)
- Eye hooks (hardware store)
- Twine (Dollar Tree)
- Red vase filler or berries (Dollar Tree)
- Black craft paint
- Tacky glue
- Wood glue
- paint brush and toothpick
- Apply wood glue to the side of a block and place another block against it. Hold for 30 seconds and then add a block to the bottom. Hold again until it sets.
- Paint the hat (front, back, sides, top, and bottom) black. Allow it to dry or use a heat gun to speed up the process.
- Cut two twine pieces at 7” lengths for each ornament. Use the toothpick to add a dab of tacky glue to secure the twine where all blocks meet (towards the bottom of the hat).
- Cut a 1 inch piece off of the garland and secure it using the tacky glue. Affix the berries the same way.
- Hand screw an eye hook into the center of the top of the hat and wrap a piece of twine through the eye hook. Tie the ends together and display.
This Dollar Tree Christmas craft is great for all ages. It's fun and can even be the starting point for a large snowman ornament from wood rounds!
More Snowman Crafts You Might Like
- Rustic Snowman Ornaments – Using the same tumbling tower blocks, make these adorable cuties.
- Snowman Mason Jar – Oh. My. Goodness! This guy was such a hit when filled with Christmas candies for the little ones.
- Snowman Hot Cocoa Bombs – Take gifting to the next level with this viral sensation holiday treat. Psst: you’re done in only 10 minutes!
Please Share – Save to Pinterest or Share on Facebook
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Be sure to save it to your favorite crafting group on Facebook or to a Christmas board on Pinterest.