This fast and fun DIY for Dollar Tree magnets using the farmhouse calendar comes together quickly and makes a great afternoon craft. They also would be a sweet gift for the holidays.
Dollar Tree Magnets Using Blocks and Farmhouse Calendar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it might be obvious that I love using the Dollar Tree items as blanks for my crafts. From Cricut to gnomes, I think it’s fun to go on the hunt for craft supplies because with their ever-changing inventory, it’s like a game!
Speaking of games, we are going to use one of the Dollar Tree’s most popular games, the tumbling tower blocks, to create these adorable farmhouse magnets in just minutes. Let’s get started.
Please Save or Share This Tutorial
Before we get started, could you please share this to Facebook or Pinterest? Your shares are how this site grows and if you find it useful, I would be so thankful if you share it with others.
Tips for Making This Dollar Tree Craft
Due to the nature of the Dollar Tree, you might have to hunt a bit for their oh-so-popular farmhouse calendar. Once they start appearing in stores, it is all over the craft groups and they’re always gone at my local store.
Once the hype dies down, I am always able to find them. It seems the Dollar Tree gets multiple shipments in (or puts them out in waves), so don’t lose faith if you can’t find them mid-year.
Another tip I have for you is to definitely play with paint, wax paint, or even stain on the tumbling tower blocks. You can change the look of just a few or even the entire set!
A fun additional way to present these as a gift is to add a hanger of twine or ribbon to the back. Wouldn’t they make the most adorable ornaments?!
How to Make Calendar Magnets from Dollar Tree Items
Without further ado, onto the craft! This tutorial has a full Dollar Tree calendar magnets video tutorial here on YouTube if you’re a visual learner.
Reminder: you can print this tutorial easily (just the instructions) by clicking on the “PRINT” button in the tutorial card below.
- Calendar (with small summary pictures of the year)
- Tumbling Tower block game (36 pieces for 12 magnets)
- 3 Magnet Strips (or other magnets, 1 per design)
- Wood Glue
- Small Paintbrush
- Foam Paintbrush
- Cut the small calendar images from the back page of the Dollar Tree calendar.
- Use wood glue to secure the long but thin edges together. Stack three and set aside to cure. They are ready to handle in just a few minutes.
- Trim the images to your desired size for the finished block (I trimmed off some edges to make a "frame").
- Add ModPodge to the block (blocks oriented vertically) and place on the calendar image. Cover with a coat of ModPodge.
- Cut magnet strips into 1-1.5 inch strips, remove backing, and add wood glue before pressing into the back of the calendar block.
This Dollar Tree craft is so easy and can be used with any calendar. Additional design options:
1. Stain or paint the wood blocks before applying the images.
2. Add a twine hanger to the back to turn them into holiday ornaments or gift tags.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
More Dollar Tree Crafts You Will Like
As I mentioned above, I am a big fan of pulling in craft supplies and blanks from the Dollar Tree. Here are a few more crafts you might be interested in:
- Farmhouse Shadow Box – This is the cutest thing in person; everyone just loves it!
- Pumpkin Gnome – He is by far the most adorable little fella you can ever make with a Dollar Tree pumpkin.
- Wood Slice Wreath – The sunflowers at the Dollar Tree are in full bloom on this gorgeous farmhouse wreath. This looks great inside, too.
Please Save or Share This Tutorial
I sincerely thank you for being here with me – this is, by far, the best job! As you might know, your shares are how this site grows. Please share this to your favorite craft group on Facebook or save it a fun and easy DIY board on Pinterest.