I wanted to make a few items to fill my fall tiered tray so I made this cute wooden pumpkin Cricut craft with a few supplies and a little glitter!
Wooden Pumpkin Cricut Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are soooo ready for fall. I need leaves falling down. I need cool breezes. I need fall. So, when the idea came up to make this fun wooden pumpkin Cricut craft, I got set to making!
These little wood pumpkins are so fun and they’ll make the perfect addition to my fall tiered tray. If you’re ready to make this cute fall Cricut craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Cricut DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make a Wood Block Pumpkin
- First, grab the simple autumn cut file for Cricut or Silhouette here. That way you can very quickly cut out the vinyl lettering. Keep in mind that you don’t have to have a cutting machine to do this craft. You can always just cut out the vinyl with scissors. But the cutting machine is so much faster.
- Then you’re going to need some wine corks like these nice ones here. They’re the stem on your wood pumpkins, so you don’t need to make anything. Just a cute stubby stem. Perfect!
- Finally, you have to decide if you’re going to use plain heat transfer vinyl or glitter heat transfer vinyl like this. I personally decided that I would try some glitter vinyl because it sounded so fabulous. It worked GREAT so I’ll definitely be using it in future projects, too!
How Do I Make this Wooden Pumpkin Cricut Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 4x4 pieces of wood 4 1/2” high
- Matte Metallics Paint in Rose Gold, Ivory Pearl and Champagne
- 3 Wine Corks
- Faux Leaves
- Autumn SVG file
- Paintbrushes, fine tip and medium flat brush
- Wood Glue
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Glitter Vinyl in black
- Cricut Joy Standard Grip Mat
- Transfer Tape
- Prepare the wood blocks by painting each of the wood blocks on all sides, each in a different metallic color. Allow the paint to dry completely, adding a second coat of paint if desired.
- Apply a dot of wood glue to the flattest end of the cork and place in the center top of each wooden block. Allow the glue to dry fully.
- Tie a 3-4 strands of raffia around the base of the cork then secure a few faux leaves to the wine cork stem with hot glue.
- Download the simple autumn cut file set, then upload it to Design Space. Right click on the word to duplicate twice, if you would like to have the word "autumn" on each of the pumpkins. Don't forget to mirror the image if you are using heat press vinyl.
- Select “Make It” in Design Space and set the material type to Vinyl - Shimmer then follow the prompts to load the Glitter Vinyl into the Cricut Joy and cut it.
- Weed the design, then place on the wood pumpkin the way you would like the words to be affixed.
- Iron on the lettering with your EasyPress Mini, remove the transfer sheet and enjoy!
For more fun fall crafts for Cricut, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Fall Cricut Crafts You Might Like
- Fall Gnome Mug Cozy Project – You can make a gnome with a Cricut?! Yes, you can! And this particular gnome is a mug cozy and so cute, I want to make a million.
- Vintage Fall Farm Truck Cut File for Crafts – So much fun to be had with this vintage truck SVG. You can make a wood round, a pillow or just about anything!
- Buffalo Check Fall Wreath with Free SVG – One of the most simple and elegant crafts for fall, I love this easy wreath DIY and bring it out every year!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite fall crafts board on Pinterest.