A beautifully printed napkin and an idea makes these Christmas gnome ornaments from napkins a fantastic gnome craft idea!
Christmas Gnome Ornaments from Napkins
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love the traditional gnome ornaments that I’ve made, but I also love those plush ornaments I made too. I wanted to combine those ideas and came up with this fun way to make dimensional Christmas gnome ornaments from napkins.
Such a simple way to take a printed fabric and turn it into an heirloom piece that the kid loves, I love, and is going to look so cute on my Christmas tree. Grab your scissors and let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Christmas Ornaments from Napkins
- Start by picking out your napkins. I used these adorable cotton gnome napkins that were just too precious. Any cloth patterned napkin will work, though. Just keep in mind that the pattern you want to highlight needs to be large enough to make a good sized ornament, but that’s totally up to your tastes.
- If you love this idea, but you don’t want to make Christmas ornaments, I have some other ideas that you could make using this same method:
- Gift Tags
- Tiered Tray Pillows
- I wrote the tutorial and showed in my video tutorial how to make this particular craft via sewing. But if you would prefer to make these without sewing (I know I prefer that sometimes just on a whim), this is one of those crafts where you can absolutely swap out for Heat-n-Bond or even hot glue to make this. One key thing to note, though, if you choose to go this way, take care not to iron too close to your hems or your adhesive will release and your project spoiled.
How Do I Make Christmas Gnome Ornaments from Napkins?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Christmas crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our Christmas gnome ornaments from napkins video tutorial.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Easy Felt Gnome Wine Bottle Toppers – Super fast to make and they make the perfect hostess gift idea!
- Needle Felting Gnome Wool Painting – For a simple and unique craft that you just can’t beat – it’s fast and REALLY FUN!
- Gift Bag Gnomes for Surprise Gift Packaging – Want to do some gnome-gifting this year? Such a simple idea you’ll love making!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite gnome crafts board on Pinterest.