A friend needed a housewarming gift and I came up with this easy You Are My Anchor coastal farmhouse sign that goes with all of her beachy decor!
You Are My Anchor Coastal Farmhouse Sign
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we really love making gifts for others. I mean, it’s part of my love-language to make gifts and even friends who are far, far away can sometimes expect a little something from me. This particular ‘you are my anchor’ coastal farmhouse sign is one of those gifts.
Although my own home is not decorated in coastal farmhouse decor, my friend on the other hand is all about that beachy theme. So, I took her love of beach decor and made this beach farmhouse sign. Perfect combo for her–and the perfect gift for me! If you’re ready to make a fun coastal farmhouse sign, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make A Beach Farmhouse Sign
- Start off by grabbing some navy vinyl. I used the navy sheet from this sampler set–it was the perfect amount of vinyl for the size of this project–and I still have a bit leftover.
- Then hop on over to my shop and grab the free farmhouse SVG here to get you sign going. And while you’re there, check out all the other free (and cheap) cut files for Cricut or Silhouette so you can make something for yourself, too!
- Get ready to have fun! I mean, seriously…I have found some good times lately just enjoying weeding, finding the perfect placement for my elements. Let yourself have fun with the craft. Don’t stress. This should be the least stressful thing in your entire day.
How Do I Make this You Are My Anchor Coastal Farmhouse Sign?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Anchor SVG file
- Cricut Premium Vinyl (navy is what I used)
- 6” x 12” piece of wood, sanded if needed
- 28” of rope, cut into two 14” inch pieces
- Cricut machine with fine point blade
- Cricut Light or Standard Grip Mat
- Cricut Spatula, or thick card
- Scissors or paper cutter
- 1” Foam brush
- Mod Podge
- Hot Glue gun and glue
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Cricut Weeder tool
Directions to use the cut the file:
- Cut a 12x12 section of vinyl and apply the vinyl to your Cricut Light or Standard Grip Mat.
- Upload the Anchor SVG file into Cricut Design Space, and insert image to start a new project.
- Resize the image to a height of about 4.75”.
- Select “Attach” to get the Cricut to cut the file as a single piece.
- Select “Make It”, and set the material type to “Vinyl”.
- Follow the prompts to load the vinyl and cut the elements.
- Unload the mat when the Cricut is finished cutting.
Directions for making the sign:
- After the design is cut, trim your transfer tape to size.
- Remove all excess vinyl leaving the design elements alone on their sheet of plastic liner.
- Place your transfer tape over the design elements, and gently smooth the elements and tape together, eliminating any bubbles.
- Place the design elements onto the wood, and adhere by rubbing the vinyl into the wood.
- Paint one layer of Mod Podge over the design.
- Once the Mod Podge is dry, add a twist or two of rope to each side of the wood, about one inch from the edge. To do this, place a generous amount of hot glue onto the back, about one inch from the top and one inch from the bottom, placing the end of the rope to it, then wrapping the rope around the front twice. Hold the rope in place near the hot glue until it is dry.
- Repeat step 7 with the other piece of rope on the opposite side then enjoy!
For more fun farmhouse craft ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Farmhouse Crafts You Might Like
- Braided Jute Coasters – These beautiful coasters are so coastal farmhouse, they’re perfect. And they’re so easy, I think I might make a second set for my friend!
- Home is Where You Are Farmhouse SVG – If you want to make something really cool for a gift, make a doormat with this phrase–everyone will love it.
- Spring Farmhouse Wreath – Finish off your farmhouse decor with a beautiful wreath on the door featuring a bit of farmhouse flair!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest.