This is the cutest little kawaii unicorn pouch that you can make using the free printable pattern in minutes! It’s seriously fun and you can make a whole bunch of them in no time. They’d make a perfect party activity!
DIY Unicorn Pouch
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a liiiiitle obsessed with unicorns–and I needed a pouch. Now that I have made this little unicorn pouch, I can’t figure out if it’s a unicorn makeup pouch for me or a unicorn pencil case for the kiddo, because she says it’s hers and I needed one…sigh…Guess I’ll just be making a second one! LOL!
If you need an adorable pouch (or two), grab your craft felt stash and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy craft ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Unicorn Craft
- Click here to get the free printable unicorn pouch template. You can certainly make this without a template, but I’ve go this one, so why bother?!
- If you don’t like the open eyes of the unicorn (I mean, some people love this little kawaii unicorn face, but other people are into the sleeping unicorn, who am I to judge?!) and want those little sleeping eyes, just cut the smile out of black felt twice and cut out some eyelashes and you’re golden!
- Those little roses are so awesome and I love them so much, I kind of want them on everything now. And I can totally do that–because they’re WAY easier to make than they look! Just cut out the spiral from the felt, then glue it together. It’s magic! I love it!
How Do I Make this DIY Unicorn Pouch?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Craft felt in blue, pink, black, white and green
- Gold metallic fabric
- Velcro dots
- Hot glue gun
- Pencil – to trace the template
- Cut the white felt for the pouch the size you want (for my makeup pouch--folded in half, I went with 6 inches by 10 inches, but if you are making a pencil pouch, you might want to do longer and skinnier).
- Cut 2 strips of white felt 1 cm wide and the same length as the width of your pouch.
- Hot glue the 2 white felt strips along the 2 wide sides of the pouch body. For each of the felt strips, glue the sides only, leaving a loop in the middle.
- Glue velcro dots on the center of the 2 attached felt strips on each end.
- Prepare the patterns from the template by printing and cutting them out. For the horn you’ll need 3 pieces for the 3 horn patterns - felt, cardstock and gold fabric.
- Glue the inner ear pieces on the outer ear pieces.
- Glue the cardstock horn shape on the felt horn shape and then glue the gold horn shape on the cardstock horn.
- Glue the 2 small white circles onto the 2 large black circles to make the eyes.
- Fold the main felt piece into half lengthwise and glue the 2 open sides together (leaving the top open). Remember only one of the side strips--that side of the pouch with the looped strip will be the back of the pouch.
- Glue the ears and the horn to the pouch body, with at least 1 cm inside the looped strips.
- Glue the ears and the horn to the body of the pouch.
- Close the looped strips by gluing the entire strips down to the main fabric.
- Glue the eyes, lashes and mouth on the front of the pouch.
- Cut out the remaining pattern items; the 3 spirals for flowers, 4 leaves and heart cheeks.
- Roll the spiral felt pieces on their sides to make flowers.
- Glue on the leaves, flowers and cheeks onto the pouch and enjoy!
For more fun unicorn craft ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Unicorn Crafts You Might Like
- Unicorn Pillow – I fell a little bit in love with this easy unicorn pillow project and so did the kiddo–we keep trading it back and forth. It’s adorable.
- Unicorn Hug Bookmarks – We have made so many of these unicorn bookmarks. They take just a few minutes and they make awesome gifts!
- DIY Unicorn Notebook – Taking notes is one of my “favorite” things, according to my kiddo–and since making this unicorn notebook, that’s actually kind of true.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY projects board on Pinterest.