Did you know that you can make a perfectly-sized reversible hat gnome using this pattern? The sky is the limit with this easy tutorial – you’ll have the perfect tiered tray gnome in about 30 minutes.
What You'll Find On This Page
Gnome with a Reversible Hat
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I work hard on the gnome patterns, digital designs, and well, just about everything that gets published here. I am known for my Type A personality with a dash of perfectionism and tend to over deliver.
And this gnome pattern absolutely over delivers! Included in the pattern are 4 different ways to make a tiered tray gnome with both methods for sewing and for using a glue gun. If you’d like to make one, keep reading.
No Time to Make Him Now? Save This Gnome Pattern for Later!
If you need to gather supplies or cut your materials, grab the pattern below and share this to your favorite Pinterest board or Facebook group so it will be easily found again.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Reversible Hat Gnome
- Get the Icelandic Lovey gnome pattern here. If you already have it, access your downloads in your account.
- You can add the optional arms or legs and boots (included in the pattern) to the body. I just chose to leave them off of this guy.
- Choose two coordinating fabrics that can share a trim color. You can make two separate trims, but trust me when I say it’s a bit difficult to get them lined up. :)
- The fluffier the trim, the easier it is to hide any alignment issues. If you are new to sewing or want to make this with a hot glue gun, I do recommend a wider than 1/4 inch trim so that it covers the join and any mishaps.
- If you are new to gnome-making or cutting fur, watch this quick video tutorial on how to cut faux fur. Trust me – this stuff is easy to work with when you know the tricks.
Get the Gnome Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. Check out the other styles and extras!
How Do I Make a Reversible Gnome Hat?
Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions after reading through the tutorial and the pattern, please let me know. The reversible hat gnome video tutorial is on the Ruffles and Rain Boots YouTube channel here.
More Gnomes Made with This Pattern
If you want to check out some more gnomes made with the Icelandic Lovey tiered tray gnome pattern, here are a few:
- Scarecrow Gnome – This one was a breakout hit on YouTube – just look at those booties!
- Farmhouse Gnome – Everyone’s got a little “awww” for this guy when they see him.
- Patriotic Lovey Gnome – This guy is toting quite the firework on his little hunchback. Check him out.
Please Share This Fun Craft
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please consider sharing this to your favorite crafting group or board.