This easy farmhouse gnome pattern is a quick and simple gnome craft that is perfect for late summer or fall!
Easy Farmhouse Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we just can’t stop it with these easy gnome crafts. They’re a fun way to break-up the afternoon and make something decidedly cute to add to a farmhouse tiered tray or table decor.
Frankly, they’ve also become a gift that I’m “known for” among my group of friends, so when I was asked to make a “blue” gnome, I jumped right on it. If you’re ready to make a gnome for your farmhouse tiered tray, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite gnome crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this DIY Farmhouse Gnome
- Based on my Icelandic Lovey Gnome Pattern here this gnome works up fast. There’s more than just the pattern for this one tomte in here, too. I made 4 different gnomes, plus the optional arms, legs/boots and a reversible hat – all in one pattern!
- If you click here, you’ll find not only the full pattern, but also a set of cut files for Cricut or Silhouette for the pattern. Great news for Gnome Makers batching out making several gnomes at once.
- This particular gnome was made with an off-cut of a dark blue faux fur that I’ve had in my stash for a while. And you’ll notice, I didn’t have a lot of room for error. Knowing that, if cutting the fur for your gnomes is a little worrisome (getting that drape is a trick!), watch this fast video here. All it takes is a razor blade or craft knife and you’re ready to go!
How Do I Make this Easy Farmhouse Gnome Pattern?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1/8 yard Fleece or Minky Fabric (I used pale blue)
- 1/8 yard Cotton Buffalo Check Fabric (I used a navy and white)
- Mongolian Faux Fur (or other beard material)
- 1/2 cup Poly-Beads
- 1 or 1 1/2-inch Wood Round (or other nose)
- 1 14-gauge (or similar) Floral Wire
- Icelandic Lovey Gnome Pattern
- Icelandic Lovey Gnome Pattern Cut File Set, optional
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue (note: hot glue sticks for fabric do exist and should be used, if possible)
- Razor Blade or Craft Knife
- Pencil or Fabric Marker, optional
- Wire Cutters
- Sewing Machine, Needle and Thread
- Cut out the body shape and base from the fleece or minky fabric. Fold the body shape in half, right-side to right-side and hem the edge, leaving it open where noted.
- Pin then hem the base shape on the bottom of the body, then fold together the darts on the base and pin then hem them. You can leave the darted fabric as-is or trim, as desired. Turn the body right side out.
- Add about 1/2 cup of poly beads to the bottom of the gnome body. Fill the remaining portion of the body with Poly Fill. Tuck the wire inside the gnome’s body.
- Close the body by hand-sewing the hole closed.
- Cut the faux fur into a beard shape and hot glue the beard to the gnome on the front. Part the faux fur and hot glue the nose in place. Allow the glue to cool completely.
- Cut the hat shape and hem the bottom edge of the hat shape.
- Fold the hat shape in half, right-side to right-side. Pin and hem the two sides of the hat together. Turn the hat right-side out and tuck the hat down over the body.
- Hot glue the hat down over the nose, creating a little wrinkle or scrunch to the fabric. Hot glue the hat down in the back, but leave the sides open if you plan to add arms. Allow the hot glue to cool completely. If you want to add arms, do so now. Your gnome is ready to display!
For more fun gnome crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
More Farmhouse Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Farmhouse Tiered Tray Gnome – Super cute and easy farmhouse gnome pattern that you can make in just a few minutes!
- Mini Farmhouse Gnome Pattern – Tiny, adorable and seriously a fast work-up (plus they’re kissssing!).
- Squishable Farmhouse Gnome – I just want to squish this gnome, he’s so perfect in every way.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest.