Super quick and really cute, this DIY Mickey notebook makes a fun gift for any Disney-lover, but it’s also a great Dollar Tree craft anyone can make. SCORE!
DIY Mickey Notebook
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are always looking for fun ways to bring a little Disney to the every day. I needed to replace my notebook I use for all my crafts – and the kiddo wanted one for school, so I broke out some Dollar Tree supplies and made this fun Disney craft!
So, really, this is both a Dollar Tree craft and a Disney craft, which is kind of awesome, but then it’s also a back to school craft. Trifecta of awesome. If you’re ready to make a fun Mickey and Minnie notebook, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite back to school crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mickey and Minnie Notebooks
- First, grab a couple of mini composition notebooks from the Dollar Tree. If you can’t find them there, don’t sweat it, I found some here that are just like the ones I used.
- For anyone who has worked with notebooks before, you probably don’t need to hear this, but I’m going to say it for anyone who hasn’t… Be very careful to keep the adhesive out of the pages of the notebook. If you glue the pages of the book together, you won’t be able to use it.
- If you want to make these notebooks in a bigger size like the full size composition notebooks, just use a full sheet of construction paper and a larger hole punch. Easy to upsize.
How Do I Make this DIY Mickey Notebook?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 2 Mini Composition Notebooks
- Card Stock in Red, White and Black
- 2 Yellow Buttons, 1/2-inch
- ¾-inch Round Circle Punch
- Adhesive Tape
- Liquid Glue with a fine tip applicator
- Cut a rectangle of black cardstock 2 1/2 -inches wide and a piece of red cardstock 2-inches wide.
- Add 4-5 lines of adhesive tape to the front cover of the mini notebook. Attach the red rectangle to the bottom portion of the cover and the black cardstock to the bottom of the cover. Trim away any excess cardstock then repeat covering the back of the notebook the same way.
- Glue the two yellow buttons onto the front of the notebook, about 2 inches apart on the red cardstock. Set aside to dry.
- Add 4-5 lines of adhesive tape to the front cover of the mini notebook and place a red cardstock on top. Trim any excess cardstock away then repeat to cover the back of the notebook.
- From white cardstock, cut 24 circles using the circle hole punch then attach each circle to the front and back covers using the adhesive tape. Trim away any excess portions of the circles.
For more fun Disney crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Disney Crafts You Might Like
- Mickey Hot Cocoa Bombs – I love how simple this recipe is to make Mickey hot cocoa bombs. They’re fast, fun and cozy.
- Mickey & Minnie Ornaments – Quick ornaments that you can make for a Christmas tree, to add to a farmhouse tiered tray!
- Mickey Love Sign Dollar Tree Craft – Perfect to add a little Disney whimsy to any entryway display or a kid’s room!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest.