Today is the latest Dollar Tree DIY: a 3D clothespin star! This is a fun craft to make and tuck into a bookcase, a dough bowl, or even onto a tiered tray.
You’ll need two sizes of clothespins and a glue gun for this craft – the paint is totally optional.
Clothespin Star Craft for Easy Decor
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s time to change up the decor. I’m moving from brights and whites to browns and other neutrals to usher in fall and the changing season.
Checking my craft stash, I found a large supply of the dollar store clothespins in two sizes and knew I could come up with something fun. The star decor I’m sharing here can be made with any sized spring-style clothespin, however, the tiny ones (mini craft pins) might be difficult to work with.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
If you need to head to the Dollar Tree, save this to a DIY pin board or share it on Facebook. Either will help you easily find it when you’re ready to begin this easy craft idea.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making This Easy Dollar Tree Craft Idea
- Use the regular or medium-sized spring-style clothespins for this 3D craft. Mine were from the dollar store, but if you have them on hand from somewhere else and you can pull them apart, they will work.
- The full-size clothespins are in the laundry section at my Dollar Tree and the medium-sized were in the craft section.
- In this version of these clothespin stars, I painted them brown to match other crafts, however, you could stain them (it would be faster if you stained them in a plastic tub all at once).
- These were made for fall decor, however, paint the clothespins white and you could use them for winter or holiday pieces. They would look so nice with a bit of glitz and glam only glitter can provide.
- Turn these into Christmas ornament by stringing some ribbon or twine on them, (securing it with glue) to make a hanger.
How to Make a Star Using Clothespins
Below is the written and printable tutorial. Follow along and use the comments section if you have any questions. I’d love to see your creations – come share them in the Facebook group here.
More Dollar Tree Crafts You Might Like
- Oodles of Dollar Tree Pumpkin Craft Ideas – If you love browsing projects for inspiration, check out some of my fun Dollar Tree pumpkin craft ideas here.
- Adorable Dollar Tree Terrarium – Made in just minutes, you can use this all year long as a fun way to display keepsakes or serve up sweet treats like packaged candy.
- Quick and Easy Fall Book Stack – Head over to the Dollar Tree and grab a few staples to create a timeless DIY.
- Clothespin Star (2D, Flat) – For a flat version of the Christmas star ornament, follow along with this easy tutorial.
Please Save or Share This Clothespin Craft Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this star to a DIY pin board or share it with a crafty group on Facebook.