Easy Bunny Gnome Pattern – DIY Easter Gnome
I’m loving this fun and easy bunny gnome pattern but what’s more is the super fun Scandinavian gnome sewing pattern it’s based on! Learn how to make this DIY Easter gnome as I walk you through each adorable step.
This pattern is the most popular gnome pattern on the market! It can be sewn or hot glued and I have provided TONS of ways to use the same pattern.
Bunny Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I adore – ADORE – making gnomes. And when I say this is one of the most requested gnome patterns EVER, well that would be an understatement.
When I started down the path of making a new gnome pattern, a bunny gnome was a priority but I didn’t want it to JUST be a bunny gnome. I do not like picking up a pattern to only make one thing – one variation is just boring… I guess that gives you some insight into me, but I feel you should get more bang.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
RELATED READING: MINI MAGNETIC KISSING GNOMES
All the little things that I love most about bunnies was incorporated into this fun rabbit gnome. I made it a fully adaptable pattern, however, and have created TONS of inspiration. This pattern has its own playlist on my YouTube channel: check out the Scandinavian Sweeties gnome playlist here.
Or, if you’re ready to make a carrot-munching, egg delivering Easter gnome everyone will love, let’s get started.
RELATED READING: DIY Easter Gnomes – Get Inspired by Free Projects and Patterns
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share It for Later
Need to gather supplies or buy the pattern? Save this to an Easter projects pin board or share it on Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make a DIY Easter Gnome
- First, start by grabbing the easy pattern for this adorable bunny gnome here. Now, I will point out that this pattern for the Scandinavian Sweeties gnomes is for a “normal” gnome, but the steps to make the bunny adaptation as shown in my photos is included in the pattern. So you will be able to not only make this bunny gnome, but you can make other gnomes with this sewing pattern too!
- If you would rather not cut all the pieces to make your bunny gnome with scissors, but you have a cutting machine, grab the pattern with cut files for Cricut or Silhouette here. You can save so much time if you’re batching out the cutting for making several gnomes at once!
- One of the “tricks” I like most about this gnome is the easy way I worked-out how to attach the ears. It’s a super-duper secret, but when you get it, you’re going to love it. But, I do have to share a tip about that: try positioning your ears outside your hat in several places before you put them in permanently. The placement of the ears makes the bunny look so unique depending on where you put them, so consider before affixing them permanently.
- I wanted something really pretty for my DIY Easter gnome to be holding that wasn’t overbearing. So I decided to make a quick hand lettered Easter egg like I’d made a couple of years ago. I am SO HAPPY that I did, because it’s so pretty!
Get the Bunny Gnome Pattern
Click below to add this gnome pattern to your cart. One pattern can make different gnomes!
How to Make an Easter Bunny Gnome
Below is the written and printable tutorial. If you have questions, please ask them in the comments below. Watch the full length Easter Bunny Gnome Tutorial here on YouTube – be sure to subscribe.
More Easy Gnome Patterns for Spring You Might Like
- Easter Gnomes to Make – These popular gnomes for Easter will get you creating with inspiration, techniques, and gnome patterns.
- Easter Gnome Bottle Topper – Done in just 10 minutes, this adorable Easter bunny gnome is going to make everyone say oooh and ahh.
- Epically Easy No-Sew Gnome Pattern – Literally my favorite no-sew gnome pattern I’ve ever made, this one is quick, easy and makes for the sweetest little tomten.
- Cozy Gnome Pattern for Cuddly Gnomes – Have I told you I love making gnomes? I do. So, this gnome pattern is squishy, cute, and has the classic Scandinavian gnome shape that I just love.
- Egg Easter Gnome – Listen, I know it sounds odd but watch these two lumberjacks make a gnome from a paper maché egg.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please save this to an Easter crafts idea pin board or share it with a crafty Facebook group.