If you have a party to go to and were asked to bring a dessert, you must make this easy boozy cognac cupcakes recipe. And the best part? They are incredibly easy to make. You can have them ready to be served in a little over 30 minutes.
It can be stressful to decide on a dessert for a party, potluck, BBQ, picnic, or block party. Because you can put these cupcakes together quickly, you will keep this boozy dessert at the front of the recipe box.
RELATED READING: Maple Bourbon Cupcake Recipe – This is Amazing
What You'll Find On This Page
Boozy Cognac Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to spend time in the kitchen, especially if we are baking. This is one activity the kiddo and I always look forward to. With that in mind, I am always on the lookout for a new recipe we can try out.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
I am infatuated with these cupcakes! Did you know boozy cupcakes were trending on the internet? Be one of the first on your block to make this spectacular cupcake recipe.
Do you need time to gather your ingredients for this recipe? Just bookmark this page, making it easy to come back to when you are ready to create these delicious boozy cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Why These Easy Cognac Cupcakes Make the Perfect Dessert
The WOW factor alone makes these cupcakes the perfect dessert. They truly look like they were made by a professional instead of a home baker.
They are ridiculously easy to make. They have a boxed cake base and pre-made frosting, so that saves you several steps instead of making them from scratch. You can have them ready in just over 30 minutes and that includes cooling time!
You can customize this recipe to include the alcohol or not. We suggest making a batch each way to please the entire crowd.
You get a portable, single-portioned snack. This makes them easy to carry and easy to stay within your healthy eating guidelines.
Tips for Making Cognac Cupcakes
- To make a version of the non-boozy alcohol cupcakes, it is quite simple. You can make them without brushing the tops of the baked cupcakes. Also, leave off the cognac from the frosting and the pipette, and they are alcohol-free and kid-friendly.
- The pipettes are inexpensive but not all are the same quality. I’ve tested a couple of brands and I use these mini pipettes – they work to suction up the alcohol and squeeze it out easily.
- For a smooth and lump-free batter, use an electric hand or stand mixer whenever possible. Using a whisk won’t always give you a nice, even texture.
- Using the same brand of boxed cake mix offers a consistent flavor to your boxed cake desserts. We prefer to use the same brand each time.
Ingredients for Easy-to-Make Cognac Cupcakes
Below are the ingredients we used to make cognac cupcakes. Check your fridge and pantry before heading to the store to see what you have on hand. For information on how to give your cupcakes a more homemade flavor, see the information in the tips section above.
- Vanilla cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Buttercream frosting
- Salted caramel frosting
- Gold sanding sugar
How to Make Cognac-Infused Cupcakes
Each step for this recipe is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are making your cognac cupcakes for dessert. If you would rather have a printable recipe, scroll down and select the print button.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Add the cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Add water, oil, and eggs.
Using a hand or stand mixer, beat on high for 3 minutes, or until you have a smooth batter.
Fill 24 cupcake cavities 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, brush the top of each with cognac.
Add both cans of frosting to a large mixing bowl.
Pour the cognac into the bowl.
Beat on high for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add the frosting to a prepared piping bag and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
Sprinkle gold sanding sugar onto the cupcakes.
Fill the pipettes with cognac and insert them into the cupcakes. Serve and enjoy!
Notes for Making These Great Boozy Cupcakes
- If you don’t have a piping bag to frost your cupcakes, you can place your frosting tip in a large Ziploc bag with a small hole cut in the corner.
- By swapping out the water for whole milk or half and half you will get a richer flavor for your cupcakes.
- Adding an extra egg to the batter will give you insanely moist cupcakes.
- To get a more homemade flavor, you can substitute melted butter for the oil in the cake batter.
More Cupcake Recipes You May Enjoy
- Butter Rum Cupcakes Recipe with a Surprise: Here is another fun boozy cupcake recipe that is great for parties. They taste just like a hot rum toddy cocktail!
- Milk and Cookies Cupcake Recipe: Are you someone who dunks their cookies in milk? Me too! These amazing cupcakes will remind you of that favorite treat.
- Blood Orange Cupcakes Recipe with Hazelnuts: These cupcakes are the perfect snack when you are reading one of your favorite Harry Potter books or watching one of the movies. The hazelnuts are the star of these cupcakes and they look like you bought them in a bakery.
- Box Cake Mix Cupcakes: Always buy two boxes of cake mix at the store when they’re on sale. These cupcakes come together in a snap!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save these cupcakes to your favorite dessert pin board or share them on Facebook.