This candy corn puppy chow recipe is the perfect muddy buddy recipe for fall. A mix of sweet, salty, and oh-so-good, it’s quick to make so let’s get started!
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Thanksgiving Snacking: Candy Corn Puppy Chow
I eat constantly on Thanksgiving day:
- a nibble of a carrot while chopping,
- black olives served on the ends of my daughter’s fingers, and even
- a spray (or seven) of air-pressurized whipped cream directly into my pie hole…
Whether we’re hosting or not, it seems the snack table is just too good to pass up. And this Candy Corn Puppy Chow recipe should be on that table.
Ingredients for Candy Corn Muddy Buddies
This fun candy corn puppy chow recipe doesn’t actually use that many ingredients. The process is mostly stirring, so get the kids in the kitchen to help! These ingredients yield 16 servings.
- 1/3 cup each white and yellow candy melts
- 1/3 cup candy corn pieces (plus more for garnish in the finished puppy chow)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1 tablespoon each yellow and orange sugar sparkles
- 8 cups Chex™ cereal
How to Make This Fun Fall Chex™ Mix Snack
Before we get started, line a baking tray with parchment paper, get a big bowl and a zip top sealable bag.
- Place 1/3 cup of yellow candy melts in a microwave-safe container and melt per package instructions.
- Add 2 cups Chex™ cereal into a bowl and add the melted yellow candy. Stir until all cereal is coated.
- Place the sugar into a zip top bag, add the yellow sugar sprinkles and the candy-coated cereal. Seal the bag and shake well. Lay it all out on a baking sheet to set.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the candy corn – yes, melt the candy corn. ;)
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the white candy melts, however, only coat the candy-coated cereal with the powdered sugar (no color).
- Allow the Muddy Buddies to dry completely before combining. Add candy corn for garnish and serve.
This can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Over to You
What is your favorite Puppy Chow recipe? We are going to share some pretty amazing Muddy Recipes in the near future. Subscribe to the Ruffles and Rain Boots weekly newsletter stay informed!
Save This to Your Snack Recipes Board on Pinterest
Your shares are how we grow and we are sincerely grateful.